Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

WAYNE NAT'L. FOREST- 5/5 and 5/6

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2001, 12:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We just drove there on our bikes from the parking area to the entrance off the road. We passed a parked police car but I didn't look to see if anybody was in it. Some guys told us there was another trail that connected the parking area between the Main Corridor and Snake Hollow to the Long Ridge riding area. So you don't have to ride on the road. We tried to find it but didn't have too much luck. Yea Long Ridge has some tough sections and its real narrow for the most part.

Old 05-07-2001, 08:50 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Slim and BK--- We had a blast this w.e.-- Rode approx. 100mi, in 1 1/2 days.
What a coincidence, Myself and RubiconBob FOUND the CONNECTOR TRAIL to Long Ridge loops on Sun. afternoon! L.R.loops are NOT well marked AND are extremely technical. Very, very narrow-- tight, twisty. If the woods was wet, that area could be a nightmare, believe me! We found many "side " trails, that lead nowwhere. We wasted a lot of time having to "back track" to get re-oriented. A topo map and GPS would be the hot-ticket in L.R.
More about this "new trail" connector later.

Old 05-07-2001, 06:46 PM
Range Rover

Hey Slim..we parked in the same area, we were just on down the road passed the stand a tad!! What were you driving and riding???
We got there just before 10a.m. Saturday and met up with trx450 and rubiconbob & his wife.
Rob and I were in a big black F-250 (we had two other trucks come in with us) We both have 400ex's, one red, one yellow. Pics of both are in my album.
Maybe next time we can hook up...
later..Sher

Old 05-07-2001, 09:19 PM
Trailblazer

I think we were parked just behind you. I was in a red GMC Sonoma, and my buddies were in a GMC mini-van and a red Chevy S-10. I thought I saw your trucks just in front of us. I never saw you to my knowledge. I was on a 300ex and they were on 2 Kawasaki motorcycles. If you were parked where I think you were, you should of gotten attacked by all those worms too!!!

Old 05-07-2001, 09:39 PM
Range Rover

SO close and we didn't even meet!!! I don't remember who/what was parked behind Brent!! Go figure will ya!!!! I can't believe my luck...oh well.
We ended up taking some of those darn worms home with us!! They were all over the place!!
We headed out to ride shortly after 10a.m. and got back somehwhere around 2:00 (I think).
If you haven't already..get with trx450 and he'll get you to Long Ridge. He figured it out!!!
The next time you head to WNF..holler and I'll see if we can park in front of you again. LOL!!
Later..Sher

Old 05-08-2001, 09:33 PM
Trailblazer

I am interested how to find the new trail to L.R.
Several years ago you could ride the old rail bed about a mile or two and cross the highway to get to it. It started from the main corridor just before the cement bridge past a parking lot from the north. They closed the rail trail I think because it went past the back yards of some homes and they complained. They had a sign I think to warn you to be slow and quiet but someone ruined it. I tried to find new trails before to L.R. and had no luck. I did not ride the road because I heard the park rangers were ticketing riders on the road. Many years ago you could ride your bike to town to fill your tank up at the gas station.
Husky410