Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Southern Mississippi/ Louisiana

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2001, 10:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone ride in this area? I hear horror stories about getting arrested, etc., so how's about it? Spillway I know about, I am more interested in MS areas, like DeSoto Nat'l forest? Has anyone been there? I got my Rancher last Saturday, and am dying to get it dirty. I'm 31 and been wanting a quad since I was 15, so I have plenty of catching up to do!!!!

Old 03-21-2003, 11:35 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Southern Mississippi/ Louisiana

I did go to Desoto. If you are looking for mud, you will find it in the Desoto.

Old 03-22-2003, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

Are you thinking about Tiger Creek? That's in the Chickasawhay National Forest and it's for mudders. Lots of mud there. In the Desoto National Forest, there is Rattlesnake Bay south of New Augusta and Bethel that is east of Saucier. Rattlesnake Bay has a few mud pits, but mostly trails with lots of jumps. Bethel has 69 miles of trails and is more for the recreational rider. I'm interested in that track that will be opening in Laurel. What type of track is it? Below is a link to some riding areas in the surrounding states, including the ones I mentioned. South Mississippi really needs some riding clubs. I would love to go do some riding with some groups, but not looking to ride with those that ride too slow.

http://www.atving.com/atvconnection/.../southeast.cfm

Old 03-23-2003, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

there are some good mud trails behind dupont they go alond side the interstate to the
diamondhead then make a loop towards the bay and go back along side of it beware
of teh first hole under the powerlines its not deep but it wont let you out the other side

Old 03-24-2003, 08:34 PM
Trailblazer

RebelDs
Tell me more about Tiger Creek. I am scouting out some optional riding areas for my 15 year old son and I. We rode at Rattlesnake Bay this past Saturday. First trip there. Was very disappointed to see the posted sign reflecting the upcoming closing to ATVing 04/01/2003. As my son and I venture out further away from home, would like to have the option of camping out to make a weekend adventure out of it where possible. (Do that "bonding" thing, ya know...)
Thanks in advance for any available info on Tiger Creek (directions, type of terrian, etc)

Old 03-24-2003, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

This is an excerpt from the National Forest website describing Bethel in the DeSoto National Forest in Saucier:

"Bethel ATV Trails: This is a 69-mile trail established for all-terrain vehicles of widths no greater than 48 inches (primarily motorcycles, three-and four-wheelers). The rider will encounter the south Mississippi Coastal Plains vegetative types (longleaf and slash pine, hardwood flats, swamps, pitcher plants, etc.). Two Motorcycle Enduros are held annually that attract riders from various southern states."

This is what I found for Tiger Creek in Ovett:

"Tiger Creek ATV trails in the Chickasawhay National Forest near Ovett MS. This is truly a nice place to ride for the mud minded rider. There is plenty of nice trails between the mud holes too. There is a $3.00 per day parking fee which goes to the upkeep of the trails, and if you ever ride here you will agree it is well worth it. It also has plenty of well groomed parking, and no helmet required but recommended."

Ovett is on Highway 15 between Laurel and Richton and probably slightly further from you than Rattlesnake Bay. I have never been there, but can only show you what I've found on the web.

Old 03-25-2003, 02:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I can't beleive that RSB is closing. That is the only decent, legal, place for sport bike riders to go thats not on a track. Did it say why???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I used to stay at the trails in Ovett, when I had my warrior. LOTS and LOTS of MUD. I don't really care for it now but I have had many fun times there in the past. If you go becarefull of some of the holes, they can be deeper than they apeer, swallow you whole.

Where is this track opening in Laurel? Or where can I find out about it?

Old 03-25-2003, 05:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am not sure. I think the person that is going to open it is waiting on the bank.

Old 03-25-2003, 09:27 PM
Range Rover

It really sucks that RSB is closing. It is a great place to ride. I know of a few other trail systems but none of the have hills and jumps like rsb.

Ward
The sign they put up didn't really say much but it had a number so we called it and the didn't give a reason they just said they were gonna fix some roads or something. They didn't say if it was permanent or not. We talked to alot of people who where riding there saturday who said they were gonna call and try to keep it open. Here is the # if anyone wants to call 601-928-4422 .

Old 03-26-2003, 07:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks!!! I will be calling later today. Thats the only legal place around here I ever get to ride.

Quick Reply: Southern Mississippi/ Louisiana