Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Riding Uwharrie NC this Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2001, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jeffman, The place in whitmire is the Enoree orv area of the Sumter Natl Forrest. It is a few miles south of whitmire. It is a really fun place to ride. The only thing I don't like is that it has two way traffic and some of the trails are fast with some good whoops that you can't see over. You can jump one and land on someone coming from the other direction. I have seen some close calls and hear that there have been serious head ons there. If you go during the week you will probably have the place to yourself, weekends are sometimes crowded. You can find info on it in the trails section of this site.

Old 08-15-2001, 09:09 PM
Trailblazer

<< I have not been to Uwharrie, but from what I hear that its pretty rough and rocky! I heard that it sucks! >>

lol......this post just goes to show that there are all types of riders. im a rock crawler. uwharrie is ok if i dont feel like driving 6 hours to tellico but its not rocky enough. :-)

you must own a sport quad and you enjoy jumping. i enjoy finding the biggest rocks i can find just to see if i can figure out a way to climb them. :-)

Old 08-15-2001, 09:20 PM
Range Rover

Hey HC Jeep

know wonder you like rock climbing.. you have the cadilac of rock climbers.. AC are the best for that. The suspension makes it like driving a truck over the terrain. I know.. a current Triad Trailblazers member has a AC454 that is awesome! I have ridden it and talk about your smooth ride.. wow... it's a tad bit heavy on the steering side tho.. but one can't have everything..

this guy is no light weight and he went to roll it over on it's side.. you would swear the wheels were GLUED to the ground! LOL

that thing is built like a Brick #$@* house. lol

I guess your going to the major ATV event next week at Tellico then aren't you Jeep. It starts on Auguest the 22nd thru the weekend. It should be one of the best ride events in the state! Don't miss it!

if you want more info.. (or anyone for that matter.. I will show you the link to the info for it) it's going to be major AWESOMEEEEE
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2001, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I have already found a site with a map of it and everything. So it does have jumps right? I love to jump! If I go I will try to go sometime during the week. Thanks for the info.

Ps. I found Enoree OHV Trails on the &quot;Trail Finder&quot; web site. I have it on my web site. But thanks anyway man!

Old 08-16-2001, 01:46 AM
Trailblazer

<< you have the cadilac of rock climbers.. AC are the best for that. >>

definately! i rode every type of quad made in the rocks before deciding which one to get. i _almost_ bought a polaris which did extremely well also but then i ran upon an arctic cat on the trail. i had never heard of arctic cat before but after a quick test drive i deemed it rock king.

<< it's a tad bit heavy on the steering side tho.. but one can't have everything.. >>

a &quot;tad&quot; bit heavy? it can be downright harder than hell to steer. :-) for the capability it brings, its a worthy trade.

<< you would swear the wheels were GLUED to the ground! >>

lol.....EXACTLY! on the downside, the arctic cat has spoiled me so badly that when i get on another quad its almost like i forgot how to ride.

<< I guess your going to the major ATV event next week at Tellico then aren't you Jeep. It starts on Auguest the 22nd thru the weekend. It should be one of the best ride events in the state! Don't miss it! >>

dude.......i REALLY hope that you are mistaken about those dates. i have moved mountains in order to make arrangements to go to tellico this weekend. ill be there the 18th by lunch time. argh.....thats gonna suck if i miss everybody.

Old 08-16-2001, 09:04 AM
Range Rover
Old 08-16-2001, 09:07 AM
Range Rover

Jeep!

I thought everyone on the net knew about this ride event at Tellico. I will post another information link in a different thread. YOu need to change your plans.. this is going to be THE EVENT of the year.. No kidding.

here's a link to tell you more about it.

http://triadtrailblazers.tripod.com/reunion.html

I hope you can make it, our club President LOVES rocks. and he's a blast to go riding with. his Screen name is TYM.