Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Perry APV in Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2001, 08:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone give me some info on Perry state APV area? Difficulty, things to watch for etc. Also any pics of the trail. I am thinking of heading that way on the 21st. Any info would be helpful.

Old 09-09-2001, 09:44 AM
Range Rover

Hi.
We used to ride Perry alot. We haven't been there since April though.
It is interesting to say the least. We ride at Wayne Nat'l forest most of the time now. Have you ever been there?????
Perry is really rough and rutted for the most part. VERY tight and twisty in some sections. The trails are not marked very well so be careful. Our neighbor was just telling us they got lost a few weeks ago!! They were not very far from the trucks either.
I have some pictures from Perry in our photo album.
Have fun, ride safe.
later..Sherri

Old 09-10-2001, 07:54 AM
Trailblazer

Just came back from Perry, My thouhts after riding Wayne Nat & Pery. We like Perry better because of the hills. Wayne does have widder trails,but I found it rougher than Perry.

As far as signage, They have a full time park ranger at Perry who has just updated the trails buy marking trees with arrows and gromming trails. Also they just spent $ 350,000.00 fixing the trails up and putting in a dam on the south end of the park, with lots of open,hilly area's to ride in.

The ranger is pretty laid back, but watch your speed in the parking lot.... posted 10 mph. And make sure you have a state apv sticker on your quad and ride on the grass next to gravel roads.

I ride a Raptor and have flipped it several times at Wayne due to the roughness and yet to do the same at Perry. Door run at Wayne can get test your pucker power !!!!

search on Yahoo for Ohio apv parks. There is a on-line map of the trails. with alot of un-marked trails not shown.

The Best way is try both Wayne & Perry over the weekend, They are just a few miles apart. Although Perry has no camping where Wayne does at Williams campground.

Old 09-10-2001, 08:30 AM
Range Rover

No Kidding??!!! They groomed Perry!!!!!! Rob talked to "someone" last year and they said they had plans to re-mark the trails. I knew about the project on the other end too.
Wooow, I want to go back and ride there now!!!!!!! Like I said, we haven't been there since April.
I LOVE the creek run at Perry!!!
Now me, I've donated some skin to the Quad Gods at Perry but not as Wayne Nat'l forest. (knock on wood)
Thanks for the info Popo35!!!!!

http://www.hcs.ohio-state.edu/ODNR/F...ests/perry.htm (just copy and paste)

Right now, WNF is a mess. For a reason unknown to most of us, they are not grooming the trails like they used to. Some sections can be a challenge to say the least. Some of the hills are becoming washed out and dangerous. But it is still fun....there is a huge group riding this weekend and I can't wait!

later...Sherri