Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

HULBURT Michigan,Oct 11th-12th-13th,go home on Sunday the 14th?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2001, 10:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chuck,
thanks for the info on the hills.And now that you mentioned it,I do remember some riders bragging up the hill near Brimley.We will find it.And I will be certain to take COLD weather gear to MOM![just teasin]

Chat to you later,
Bill

Old 10-09-2001, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

That's OK little boy! I can take it...
Good nite...
Chuck

Old 10-09-2001, 11:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Can't make it guys, just have to plan for the '02' poker run
ya'all have a great time and ride safe.

Regards,Frank [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-10-2001, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

Well, Frank, be sure to bring the boys and daughter over for the "Toys for Tots" at Mounds, on Nov. 03, Saturday. We'll be looking for you.
Chuck

Old 10-14-2001, 07:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

We are now BACK HOME! ''NOTE''[Veiwer Descrection Advised]

Jeff,Scott and I arrived around 1:30pm on Thursday.Tim showed up a few minutes later.We settled into our Hotel rooms.Non of these guys have ever been to Hulbert before so I escourted all of them to the Bear Butt Inn on our ATVs.I told the guys that we would be riding to a STRIP club.Of course they were suprized when we arrived their and they seen the place was called the BEAR BUTT Inn,and NOT the BARE BUTT Inn as I explained it.The trail ride there was wet,with a few fresh beaver dams.Everything went well.We ate lunch[Scott was hungry],than left back for some more riding.The afternoon was around 57 degree's and some sun.I think we rode around 30 miles total.Not a bad afternoon of riding and the weather was nice.We arrived back at the Hotel around 7pm and ate dinner.[Scott was hungry AGAIN]

DAY 2!
We woke up and all meet at the TEQ Resturant.We had breakfast and started out riding around 9am.We rode into Strongs,Raco,and made our way up to Brimley.The morning was not REAL bad,however,the afternoon brought on MUCH rain.We put on our rain gear in Raco and proceeded to Brimley and got to overlook the Oriqueous Hills and a ancheint grave site.We tested our ATVs on some pretty steep hills too.Man,that was one VERY cold ride.My Poncho kept blowing in the wind,it offered very LITTLE protection from the elements of nature.Jeff was riding behind me and said I looked like Batman with that Poncho flying in the wind.My gloves were soaked and my hands were froze.My visability was very poor at best.My crotch was full of water from my Poncho.All the other riders had about the same complaints.We sucessfully navigated back to the Motel,where we cleaned up,warmed up,and ATE.[Scott kept getting HUNGRY]After dinner,we all decided to ride into Sault Ste Marie[about 40 miles away] to the Walmart to buy some REAL rain gear for the next days ride.Everyone except Tim was able to buy the rain gear at Walmart.Tims Warrior offered the LEAST amount of protection from the rain/mud,so he wanted a pair of Waders.Tims sorta small and Walmart did'nt have his size,so we were advised to drive on down to the local Condom factory and they CUSTOM made a HUGE pair of rubber waders out of latex rubber for Tims use.They were chest high and covered his small frame exceptionally well.And the good thing about the custom made latex Waders was that Tim met up with a flubby blubby gal at the bar that night and claimed he was able to use his custom latex waders for another purpose?He never did elaborate,but we understood what he meant!

Day 3,
Make NO mistake about it,its raining its *** off and we were ready for it this time.We had our rain gear!We had breakfast[Scott hungry again],and Rich escourted the four of us to the TEQ Falls via ATVs.The guys and I shot some pictures of the Falls and rode on.We tried to desperately find Silver Creek but come within about a mile of it.Jeff and I finally found out who had the faster ATV?And it was'nt ME.We lined them up,Jeff took me out of the hole and kept about a five quad length lead up to about 50mph,than he did'nt leave me any after that.We seemed to keep pace with each other after 50mph and never did top either ATV out.Jeff won,I lost.I wanted to use my 5 gallons of extra fuel I was hauling as an excuse for losing[all the extra weight],but I later ran our of gas and had to use the quart of gas that it had hiding in it.There will NOT be any more Mods on the Xplorer either because im soon going to be buying a new Grizz myself.I rode Jeffs Grizz and like everything about this ATV.Im really getting fed up with the upkeep on the Xplorer.It'll most likely be my last Polaris for a very long time.Todays ride went MUCH better,we were better prepared for the rain this time.It was getting late,we were in the area of Trout Lk and and Scott was getting hungry again so we headed back to the Hotel for dinner around 7pm.We did'nt have any breakdowns,though I did run out of gas about a half mile away from the fueling pump and Jeff pulled me to it.We totaled about 230 miles in two and a half days of riding.I personally had a great time but next yr I will do this trip no later than mid September.

Rich and us guys discussed next yrs SUMMER Poker run and have decided that this run would be much less dusty if it is ran in mid JUNE instead of mid JULY?Its just to damn dusty in July,so plan on the second Friday and Saturday of JUNE for the next upcoming Poker run.It was a great time, and as allways,it just goes by to damn fast.We missed Chuck,Joe and Anthony,but I really should know by now that Chuck wont ride during Hunting season.Maybe next yr in September?

Bill

Old 10-15-2001, 04:40 PM
Range Rover

Everything said was true, EXCEPT as you can see from one pic link that "BIG BEAR BILL" was the one with the never sleeping TAPE WORM. Once I thought he was going to **** himself just so he would stay warm or could eat, AGAIN. All the local restaurants we waiting for BILL to arrive, they SLAYED the HERD and prepared what they thought would be a FEAST FOR ALL. Unfortunetly BILL devowered the WHOLE cow himself leaving a FEW morsels for the rest of the group, thank god I packed a sandwich. (i.e. , if BILL knew that he would have raided my food just like a coon.)
Well 20 lbs later Bill bellied his way onto his quad (personnally I think thats why he lost to the mighty griz in the race) and he heading on a bee-line to the next local establishment, to EAT AGAIN, obviously. The LOCAL economy got to make the house note thanks to BILL's EXTRA LARGE ORDERS and his incredible TAPE WORM. I think BILL even washed it down with gas thats why there was only a couple ounces left in a 630 ounce can when he truly needed it, he carried the can everywhere apparently for LOOKS. We rode 226 miles and averaged 24.7 mph in 2.5 days by the GPS. Well, I post some pic's so some of you could see what you might find in next years POKER RUN. Thanks to all, especially Rich for his guided tour to the falls and his dinners fri and sat, Prime Rib, rated the best in Hulbert. (lol). well here's the link hopefully it works.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/fecal_mist/lst?&.dir=/Yahoo!+Photo+Album/Tahquamenon+U.P.&.src=ph&.begin=1&.vie w=t&.order=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/fecal_mist/lst%3f%26.dir=/Yahoo!%2bPhoto%2bAlbum/Tahquamenon%2bU.P.%26.src=ph%26.view=t

scott

Old 10-16-2001, 12:03 AM
Trailblazer

well yes i had a good time in the u.p. thanks to everyone. and no sorry i didn't bring back any flubby blubby back to my room. but my new $90.00 neoprene waders did work very well. though i felt my warrior did pretty good, only got stuck 3 times. i am in the market for a 4x4 quad. besides i wanted to see if the big grizz is what its made out to be. jeff didn't use but 5 feet of his winch's rope to pull me out. didnt engage winch, he used his bike to pull me out.
i dont think he even touched the gas, and i was stuck bad. anyways,
scott please email me some pics or make it easier to get to them. hell maybe its just me who cant get to them. also thanks to rich and his crew for showing us such great hospitality. i will make the teq hotel for all my up coming u.p rides. see ya tim [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2001, 12:43 PM
Range Rover

Helping Tim get pulled out of mud holes....(cost $7.50 - 3 cold beers)
Test riding Jeff's new 660 GRIZ....(cost $7,500+)
Watching BILL getting towed back into camp....PRICELESS

just another Mastercard moment brought to you by...

scott

Tim I will send you some pic's but the yahoo links have some funny comments under them. (sign up it's easy and free)

Old 10-16-2001, 03:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

And I was'nt towed back to camp,I was towed back to FUEL.It was funny though,I mean I carried an extra 5 gallon fuel cell for gas and it must have had a WHOLE quart in it!

''Only in America''

Old 10-16-2001, 05:09 PM
Trailblazer

Bill, Scott, and all,

Nice pics, looks like some good riding. If you moved the poker run to June would be a better chance for me to go, by then I should be back to normal 5 days a week instead of 7, and should decide on new quad by then. Scott I had to chuckle a little on the pic of the rancher alone in the woods, should have put it front wheels up a tree or something. Sounds like you guys had a good ride.

Troy

Quick Reply: HULBURT Michigan,Oct 11th-12th-13th,go home on Sunday the 14th?