Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Sunrise Motor Sports Park, Adelanto, So. Calif.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2001, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've driven by this a million times on my way up to the Eastern Sierra but never stopped, so I finally made a special trip to check it out. It's just North of town on hwy. 395. I was primarily looking for a place where the kids could practice their jumping skills. I'm not an MX guy, but I think it is important for XC riders to perfect their jumping, so they can handle anything that they encounter out on the trail. A lot of XC riders neglect this, and it gets them in trouble. So, here is my rider review: (see www.proride.com for the race/practice schedule)

First, the PEEWE TRACK is GREAT and they allow small quads. There is a lot of variety, like small tabletops, peaks, whoops, etc. The track is hardpacked and well maintained. This is a great place for the youngsters to get started!

The QUAD TRACK on the other hand, sucks! It has only one medium tabletop, and 4 peak jumps. The peaks are in a row and spaced about 15' apart. If you don't double them, you will land hard in the valleys between, and they are so closely spaced, that even if you double the first pair, you won't have enough momentum to double the second pair (my back still hurts!). The rest of the track is a flat bog of deep soft dirt. They didn't waste any water packing out this section!! What I was hoping for here, was medium and large tabletops where the older kids could ride, but I was very disapointed.

They will let quads on the MAIN TRACK only if it isn't a real buisy day. The track is nice, but you better be able to air it out along with the dirt bikes!