Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

WNY Riderz Topic(4 wny riderz only)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 07:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Atvguy, I am coming from Lackawanna. I will probably check out Pleasant Ave. on the Friday after Thanksgiving. I will hopefully be with a couple of buddies that I ride with regularly. We will be riding a Raptor, a Suzuki quadsport, and a beater Honda enduro 125.
I was mainly concerned with parking. We will be driving a pickup truck hauling a landscaping trailer with the quads and I need to know if there is going to be enough room and whether or not we will be hasseled by the Police for parking there.
Has anyone you know been approached by the police for parking and/or riding in this area? I am asking because my friend and I just got tickets for riding (see above post) and I don't need anymore.
Looking forward to meeting anyone riding that day.

Old 11-15-2001, 01:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

motodad,
welcome to the neighborhood. Also, check out www.wnyoa.net This is the site of the WNY off-road assn. which runs a harescramble series around western/central NY & northern PA. Some great woods/XC riding even if you don't want to race. Best of luck on your move.
Randy

Old 11-18-2001, 01:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

anybody know if the wny nytro chapter has a website?

Old 11-19-2001, 05:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Not necessarily the WNY chapter, but go to WWW.nytroatv.org . This is the main site and has info/links regarding the various chapters in it. Also, Im pretty sure the person in charge of the WNY chapter is also head of the whole thing. Hope it helps. P.S. Anyone running an EX with an oversize piston or kit. Would like to pick yur brain. Thanks.....Randy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-29-2001, 08:56 AM
Trailblazer

Now I'm waiting for snow, I went and got a sled. But I'm still going to ride my ATV in the snow. I've got to get my permits for Chestnut Ridge.

I was talking to my neighbor & his dad, they're farmers and own the land the sled trail runs through next to my house. They like snowmobiles, but NOT ATVs. Their farmer freinds have related horror stories about ruined crops from mad ATVers. Too bad bad apples wreck things for all of us.

Old 11-29-2001, 12:06 PM
Trailblazer

ATVGuy, were you at Pleasant Ave. this past weekend on Saturday around noon? I saw a guy on a 3-wheeler and was wondering if it was you? If it was, sorry I didn't stop and say hi, I had to be home by 1PM. Are you riding there this weekend? I am going to try and get out on Saturday morning again. I just hope the weather isn't too bad.

My friend is looking into buying land that a snowmobile trail runs through. He wants to post a sign that says "No Snowmobiles, ATV's ONLY" Wonder what they'll think of that? Just a joke! I'm sure he will have no problem letting them ride through but the snowmobiles will have to put up with the trail getting rutted up by our ATV's on that part of the land.

Anyway, I wish NY would get on the ball and check out what Ontario and Quebec do for the ATV's and Snowmobiles. Neither group has a problem with each other riding on the same trails together. I know here in NY, there is a problem with the insurance that the snowmobile clubs carry for the land owners - it is only good during the winter. If the ATV clubs and the snowmobile clubs could just get together, we may be able to carry the insurance the entire year and the ATV guys could help with keeping the trails open and groomed. This would result in an increased number of trails for the ATV's and less work for the snowmobilers in preparing the trails for the winter.

And then the ATV's and snowmobiles lived happily ever after.

Old 11-29-2001, 10:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would like to say thanks for all the riders that welcomed me to western new york,especially (rbm 200ex) its nice to know there are some cool riders around I am looking forward to trail riding and racing in new york I will be in new york on sunday dec 2. I will be checking out some tracks and trails.thanks for the help .
moto on
my new sight is http[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]anamared2.tripod.com/teamextreme/
I am just building it so most of it is under construction

Old 11-29-2001, 10:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

So what do the trails on pleasant avenue have to offer? I've never been down there but have driven by and seen quads around there.

Old 12-01-2001, 10:16 PM
Trailblazer

Phipps,
The area is pretty nice and diverse. The entire ride area is surrounded by fire roads with multiple tight woods trails branching off into different directions. A few of the trails are dead end trails where you have to turn around and go back the way you came but its pretty easy to turn around on most of them. We hit a few today where the ruts were somewhat deep and muddy but I like to see what I can do on my Raptor. Sometimes its real evident that the ground clearance on it leaves a little to be desired. There is a large quarry-like area where there are a few jumps, a fire road right down the center if it, and a large off camber hill to one side. There are no real challenging hill climbs in the area. I felt the biggest challenge is making it through some of the mud and water filled ruts without getting stuck. With all the rain this week, I was soaked in no time but if you ask me, its no fun unless your getting dirty.

I have been there twice now and have talked to a several riders and they told me they have never been hasseled by the police. We just parked on the side of the road near the railroad tracks and rode along side the tracks back to the area. I am hoping to get out there a couple more times this month before the snow (when it finally does come) gets too deep to ride in. Hope to see you there.