Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NC Riders sound off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2001, 11:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed theres not alot of info here about NC ..... Well lets see if we cant get a count of NC riders here and maybe set up a ride or two ... I have a few good plkaces to ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Herman

Old 12-21-2001, 12:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Herman,where's Archdale?I live in Robbinsville,NC and I'm about 30 minutes from Tellico.

Old 12-23-2001, 10:21 AM
Trailblazer

Moody
I live in tne Greensboro area of NC [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
where are all the other locals at?????????
Herman

Old 12-23-2001, 03:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Don't know Herman.I'm like you,not really much info on NC on here.Maybe we can get together and get a ride up.You going to the ride at Coal Creek in April?I've rode there a couple of times,great place.

Old 12-25-2001, 05:35 AM
Trailblazer

hey listen i am going to nc on a family gig and i can get away for a day or to mabey three to ride i found this place there but dont want to ride alone has anyone ever ridden at these places ( see link ) i will be traveling from florida and be ther the week end of the 5/6 of next year anyone up for a ride I am an experienced rider ( prarie 650 ).

what i need to know is will there be snow?
what tempertures should i expect ?
loddging ?
trails open ?

http://www.atving.com/editor/feature...olina/ride.htm

Old 12-25-2001, 08:16 PM
Trailblazer

Another river ride in ARCHDALE .........
This is sure to be a interesting ride
come on down and ride the river 4x4 or ute a must and its rained here since I went down it last time so it has changed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] bring rubber boots a rope for the polaris riders and drinks(any type ) we have no rules accept no one leaves the group [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] lots of deep water for those who like to ride the Hondas under water but most can be bypassed foir the polaris friends[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
so leave me a message here or email me at hmitc52683@aol.com

Herman 01 450 ES HONDA

Old 12-25-2001, 09:14 PM
Trailblazer

hey, Herman Robert here are you making that offer to me if so fill me in as i will be at NC the weekend of the 5/6 ill bring the boots and i like the now rules part what temps are you expecting so i cam prep the prarie 650 for the run.

here are some pics of my newest quad.

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/rhall1...c=bc%26.view=l

Old 12-26-2001, 12:24 AM
Trailblazer

Robert, Ill set up a ride for you and anyone that wants to ride that weekend I dont know where in NC you are coming to but my Addy is : 6571 SUITS RD
ARCHDALE NC 27263
Look it up on mapquest .com and see if your going to be close by[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Herman

Old 12-27-2001, 03:14 AM
Trailblazer

hey herman thanks for the invite OK here is the rundown i have the take the old lady to see her pop and he lives in ocean isle beach ( check it out on you map search if you want. ill be up ther from the 4th to the 7th ill be able to ditch out on the family thing for a day or 2 ive been wanting to ride at this place in the Murphy area are you fimiluar with these places>?

http://www.atving.com/editor/feature...olina/ride.htm

i did a map search and it seem that both this place and you place are aproxx 5 hours away the drive dosent bother me as i travel fast.

The things i need to know are

is your spot better than the ones in murphy ?

any snow yet? and temps ? i am originally from Pa. but i i been in florida 10 years now and the blood thinned out so i need to know how to prepare.

is there hotels or lodging near buy your place or the murphy one in case i get to tired for the return trip ill be solo will there be other riders on your side i dont need to know just curious?

how tuff are they on the speed limits as i drive with a heavy foot and dont really need to be stopped my way over.

what day is best for you

and not to sound weird but im 32 and like to party a little not to much on the trails.as if i do to much i get a little dizzy and hungry but if that dosent bother you i will be equiped with some of the florida,s finest.

looking foward to here from you and if you could fill me in the more the better and if your not into the Floridas finest then ill leave it home as my main purpose is ridding i can go 10 to 12 hours before fatique sets in but with the climate there i may freeze before i get tired.Like i said clue me in and tell me a little about your self if you dont mind (and i hope this dosent sound like a singles add or somthing queer like that)but i do like to have a clue on who im meeting up with in a differnt state that i will be hangin with in the woods for hours.

Robert

Old 12-27-2001, 12:03 PM
Trailblazer

Well to answer most of your questions here goes . The spot in murphy is much larger than or riding area do to the fact that this is not a national forest. but we do have some great trails and big hill climbs to ride and keep your heart pumping for hours and we will explore some places just to see if we can climb them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] There is no snow here but temps right now are cold dress warm and to keep dry if you decided to do the river ride here . Wehave several motels in the area .We are close to major citys in NC On speed of driving I wouldnt recommend going over 13 miles over the limit get caught at 15 and there goes your drivers permit I work in burlington and that 30 miles from here up 85 and regulaly run 80 in a 65 with no problems just be careful in const.areas Saturday is best for me Im off all this week on Vacation but have top work next week. As far as floridas finest ......Like I said before theres no rules but comman sence If there kids with us ,walk away to yourself ,I personnaly dont partake but I dont critize those who do ....Live and let live just not around the kids Drink and eat all you want Most all the other Riders I will know these are my friends But we are very hospitpital to other riders you wont have to worry there I have invited many riders from all over to ride these areas and Im a moderator at atv....time in good standing I just like to set up big rides and show off our riding areas[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And buy the way If you get offened easily this is not for you We joke and pick on each other and you will be picked at too everybody is fair game to be harrased[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Well tyhat raps this one up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Herman

Quick Reply: NC Riders sound off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!