Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Another Place than H&M in WV

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2002 | 12:58 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

There's another place in WV to ride besides H&McCoy.
Bunch of acres owned by gas line and logging companies.
Lots of logging trails and ATV trails.
Even the locals spend alot of time riding there.
It's all free, no helmets,no rules-just no littering. You can camp & ride as long as
you want.
Just hope that new law in WV doesn't pass...

Old 09-01-2003 | 08:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Another Place than H&M in WV

Hello...i am from Ohio and love to ride in WV, but we need to ride somewhere that there is double riding...if you could tell me any information plaes give it...

Old 03-29-2004 | 08:36 AM
Range Rover

I'm afraid the new law did pass, but a law like no double riding is hard to enforce, just stay off main roads and nothing to worry about. I don't think anyone is gona even try to observe them. Get out your WV road map and find Sanderson or Blue creek, thats a referance to a great area of riding. Sop at any local store and there will be someone there who can direct you. You won't be disappointed.

Old 08-01-2004 | 08:51 PM
Trailblazer

I live near charleston WV and have easy access to Hatfield/Mccoy. I have been riding in the area about 20 years and know of 2 spots nearby that are much better than Hatfield/Mccoy.

1)Drive to the End of Cambells Creek off the Belle exit past charleston... This system of trails is much much larger than Hatfield and 10X as fun. I have rode these trails on my CRF450 (which is very very very fast paced) for 2 years now and we havent even seen 1/2 of the trails. Each time we go we explore more and more, but I think its endless.

2)IVY- This is near the Little Coal H/M and you get off the Julian Exit before Madison. There is easily a weekend of riding here, and if you find the Stripmines, you will be in heaven, they are easy to find.

I have ridden all of the Hatfield/Mccoy and find the two above much more fun, less crowded and less BS.

I am buying an ATV and selling the CRF450 soon so I would love to ride with anyone that wants to venture onto these trails.

Email me at valtforu@yahoo.com

Old 08-01-2004 | 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

can you to guys tell me exactly wher ethywe are and when i ocme down mabye ill check them out lov ethe hatfield mccoy and police dotn bother on the trails