Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Hurley Wi, Memorial Day ATV Jamboree

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2000, 09:14 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flood, the nice thing about Hurley is having a few cold Brews so that the blood in your system is tainted and the little buzzards fly away $hit faced. : :

Hail to the Brewskis. Down to the black fly buzzards.

Still trying to post some Hurley pictures. Stay Tuned.

Old 03-02-2000, 10:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Dang, I have been looking for something diff. to do, and you people have turned me on to Hurley Wisconson, Iron county, and the atv jamboree, not as much interested in the jamboree as touring the countryside and maybe wetting a line, and camping and fraterizing with a bunch like you peeps. I am from Brownsburg, IN, but have cabin in the woods down in southern Indiana foothills, and co-own 850 acres of woods and hills I love to deer and turkey hunt on also, we ride the county, crossing creeks and such but I have been thru Iron county via truck (4 x 4) never on an atv. Hopefully , its a small world, maybe connect with a few of yas,
Chuck Evans,
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/evansc1_2000

Old 03-03-2000, 07:03 PM
Trailblazer

floodrunner or anyone else,I know this post is for Hurley but can anyone give me some info on Bayfiled county trails. I'm heading over there after a week in Iron County this Summer. What are the trails like?
Steve
98 Grizzly

Old 03-07-2000, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

Call the Bayfield tourism number and they will mail you a current ATV map. Bayfield county is awesome for riding. Battle Axe trail, Valhala trail and corrider 2 are some of the routes. You can ride the tri county area from Bayfield. You can stay in Brule or Iron river and hit all the trails. While in Bruel I highly suggest you check out the Kro-Bar quite a famous bar on friday and saturday night, wild times my friend.

Old 03-08-2000, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

WWW.IRACC.COM/ Iron River Chamber of Commerce

WWW.Bayfield.Org/ Bayfield Chamber of Commerce

1/800-472-6338 Bayfield toll free number

Old 03-08-2000, 06:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Wow! I got my packet of info from Hurley COC and talked to 2 buddies, we think we are coming up for memorial day, calling asap to make some camping res. as we will be tenting it, here and there.

Old 03-13-2000, 01:49 PM
Mac
Range Rover

Floodrunner, I will be getting off for the 26 thru 29 of may. Will be trying to get reservations to camp or stay in a cabin at the Island Lake resort. Not to interested in the festivities at Hurley more on trail riding. I let you know more later. Dave Big Bear SE 4X4

Old 03-13-2000, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

Hey all, Quadrunner here just notified me that the Island Lake Campground is booked solid for the rally. You can’t even get in on a bribe (Now I’m not saying he did or didn’t actually make an attempt. hehehe). The best thing I can suggest is to contact the CoC up there (hurley@hurleywi.com) and ask for maps and lodging info for the county. Then let your fingers do the walking. I wouldn’t wait, lodging seems to be going faster this year. Good Luck!

You know, with the logistic difficulty of all of us here hooking up, wouldn’t it be nice to come up with some kind of mutual thing to display on ourselves or our bikes that would link us to this forum? That way in a chance meeting on the trail we could stop and meet in person. All it would require is some kind of ATV Connection sticker about 2”x3” in visible colors. It would be good advertising for the site too. I’d stick one on the front of my bike and the back of my shirt/jacket. It’d really be a rush ridin’ through a mudhole and seeing the guy coming the other direction is from this forum. How ‘bout it Dave, any interest in providing us with some stickers?? Any interest from anyone else?

Old 03-13-2000, 06:51 PM
Trailblazer

i was wondering what BRF is?? i trail ride in clark county..but have only gone it the winter...what are the trails like in the summer...do these trails connect to any other counties...and how far??....thanks

Old 03-13-2000, 08:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, great idea floodrunner, if you or somebody, wants to come up with the art work, my graphics dept. will make 2" x 3" or whatever size decals, and if everybody is interested, I can mail them out 2 or 3 each. The decals can be in any color, or on any color background (to stand out), any size, and made of self adhesive vinyl. I would recommend that what ever design, keep it simple so I can make them kind of standoutish. Email me if you have ideas for decal, sounds great! Also, the art work doesn't have to be of the camera ready artwork, just artwork of some kind with the colors, we will clean it up for scanning into our equipment.

Quick Reply: Hurley Wi, Memorial Day ATV Jamboree