Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NY State riders- join a club- Help to organize STATEWIDE Association

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2000, 10:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now is the time to join a club and form a statewide ATV Association. We are not getting any of our registration monies back in ANY way from NY State and if we don!t band together the state will keep on taking our monies and putting it into their General Fund! I for one am sick of the way we are treated, in western NY all atv riders are outlaws.We have no designated riding areas as do the snowmobilers.They have over 8000 designated and mostly groomed and maintained trails to enjoy. They have a fit when they find you on THEIR trails, even though they to are on public lands! How did they get so many trails and areas to ride LEGALLY- they all banded together and fought for their sport.By joining a club, even if none are not in your local area, you are organizing and with enough members the state will listen. I just joined 2 ATV clubs in the Adirondacks even though they are 6 hours from my home.Without these clubs we wouldn!t be riding as much as we do now as they are the ones who maintain the trails and promote landowner relationships for all of us.I recently sent 3 letters to a NYS Official asking where our registration monies are going.It took another letter, 4 in all to get a response.If anyone would like to read his reply, e mail me and I will forward it to you.Or maybe I will forward to the ATV Connection and see if they will post it! Pete

Old 02-25-2000, 11:10 AM
Trailblazer

Pete
I agree I pay $40 a year for our quads and what do we (my wife and myself) have to show for it. I must say though that we do have several good riding areas up here in Beaver Falls but we still don't have the same priveleges as the sledders.

Old 02-27-2000, 01:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey there, Pete.
I'm here, ready, willing and able.
Currently, in support of my interests belong to
the following groups:
NYTRA, NYTRO and NYSORVA in New York.
PaTRA and KORR in PA
COG,GWRRA,and VOA.
And of course, AMA.
And while I see the topics of "legal" access
a little more in the lime-light, the attitude
concerning ATV usage is discouraging, to be nice.
Ready to help and ready to ride.
Another NY Pete