Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

North Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default North Alabama

There is a place called "the lane" in Lacey Springs (Morgan County). I have ridden for seven hours there and not seen the same place twice. there mud trails at "the lane", jumps at the "sand pit", and uphill climbs at "plymouth rock". some trails go all the way to the tennessee river. It is a huge web of trails on TVA land so you know it is legal. I have ridden, camped, fished, and hunted on the land. If you want directions let me know.

Old 09-11-2003, 04:48 PM
Trailblazer
Default North Alabama

Give me directions to the place. I got rid of my blaster but I plan on getting something else when my race truck is finished. Thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2003, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default North Alabama

There is a riding club located in the Shoals area that is called Shoals ATV riders. They have a website that has a ride calender. They go to different places each month. On the calender page they have a link about Bankhead that gives directions and a topographical map. The link to thier home page is:
www.shoalsatvriders.com

Old 09-11-2003, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default North Alabama

Oh, I live 15 miles west of the shoals area in a town called Cherokee on Highway72. It looks like I have found a good mud riding spot as TVA reduces the water in the dams. I have found a place 200 or 300 yards long and at least 50 yards wide at the mouth a creek that looks like it should be serious mud. There is a higher spot in the middle of it, kindof an island. If it turns out to be good mudding I may try to organize a kind of unnoffical ride. I have to make sure noone will get in trouble riding there though.

Old 09-12-2003, 01:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default North Alabama

hey rebelyfs200, glad i could help. go to my member page. I made a map that tells how to get there. If you want more details about the map or want to find out which trails go to where; just call my cell phone @ 303-0531 and ask for ian.

Old 09-12-2003, 10:54 AM
Range Rover
Default North Alabama

hey guys there is going to be a poker run at tabor trails in gadsden on the 27th of this month. there is already a post about it in the clubs topic,it is something like the possum patrol, check it out. me and my wife are going to go . it sounds like a lot of fun there are all kinds of events like drag races, mud bogs, and some kind of team relay race. i would like to meet up with some more people from Alabama maybe get together and find some good riding spots. all the ones around me are getting closed down. hope to see some of yall there.

Old 09-24-2003, 03:16 AM
Trailblazer
Default North Alabama

I have yet to really put my Sportsman 500 to the test yet. I rode with my ex g/f and her family forever in Waterlo before I got my ATV. Then all of a sudden after i get mine they start throwing up no trespassing signs all over the place. I don't know the name of the place but I always had a blast.

Old 09-24-2003, 07:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default North Alabama

Check this like out http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...did/357781.cfm

Yall need to come on down to Tabor Trails in Gadsden this saturday. We are planning on having one heck of a time.

Old 03-28-2004, 11:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default North Alabama

hey we live in arab ...... looking for a few good places to ride...... we know about dodge city and hayden heard of a few places on this forrum,,,,,,,, but with no directions,,,,,, any volenteer
s???

Old 05-04-2004, 01:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default North Alabama

Looking for more info on The Lane in Lacey's Springs,anyone who knows if it's okay to ride there and has directions please email me at boredblondeinbam@aol.com.Thank You.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: North Alabama