Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Big Bay Michigan ride - 400 miles - 4 days - LOTS of mud >>>>

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 10:00 PM
kez
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last, but not least John (Michimaniac; the name fits!)

I do not want to tell you what was said around the campfire, for fear of you misinterpretting,what I have to say. I don't want to have to bother Mary or Duane with some wackoooo, faxing them and asking them to clarify in great detail, what was said.

How was your weekend? Obviously,pretty boring! Sitting on the computer and wondering what people are talking about,clear across the state. I wouldn't want to bore others, with talk about you and your blatantly unanswered question. Get a hold of yourself,you arrogant a!!. I was on my quad, and you were the furthest thought in my mind.

Have a nice life, behind your computer screen!!!!!!!!

Old 09-05-2002, 03:48 AM
Pro Rider

HAHAHAHAHA....OMG (ohh My God)....you hit the nail right on the head KEZ....he is a maniac.....why does the GPS and the tour bother him so much....the world will never know...!!! Alls i know was riding was great with you again KEZ...glad you made it up again... Dwayne and Mary loved to see us and they will again at the end of september, what great people...to see how much of a good time we had, go to my site people and check out the 170+ pics i took....what a BLAST...!!!! John needs to take a chill pill....we're just here to inform about a great place to ride and old John blows it sooooooooooooo out of proportion it boggles the mind. You need to get off that computer chair and onto you 4 wheeler John and stop worrying about stupid mundane things that mean nothing. I think you logged more hours on your computer than you have on your ATV.... Ya know what..? if Big Bay bothers you so much DON'T GO up there to ride. Michigan is BIG and I'm sure you can find some other place that suits your GPS using @ss. Go ahead map the world....while your sittin in front of your computer anticipating the next post to answer your unanswered questions we're out riding our @SSes off having a good old time while you sit there with a chip on your shoulder cuze we didn't answer your questions...we answered your questions the best we could and wasted to much time on this NO GPS subject....get off your **** and onto your quad and quit your bitchin...im going to bed all....I'm gunna dream about my next ATV'ing venture....what are you going to dream about John...what you can bitch about next....?\

Happy riding

Dave

Old 09-05-2002, 08:03 AM
Pro Rider

If you guys believe that (again) refusing to answer two simple questions (that originated from conflicting info obtained from these same people) should result in personal attacks on myself..............

Hope all goes well on your next trip up into our back woods.

Old 09-05-2002, 08:55 AM
Pro Rider

Lackdog and Kez,
you should answer his questions without your idiotic personnal attacks.Michimaniak lives in Michigan.....it takes you hours to get any decent riding spot from Chicago in Michigan...I believe he can afford screen time on the weekends.You can't.Your computer screen is a boring highway.
Joe

Old 09-05-2002, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider

I have been following this thread since it started and I would have to say that it has gotten way out of hand. I fail to understand what the big controversy is over these claimed "unanswered" questions. Michimanic - if you don't like the answers they gave to your questions, call the hotel and ask them instead of making a big stink over it on the web. I guess I don't understand the personal attacks from either of these parties. We are only talking about a riding area here guys. Let lighten up and go riding before areas like BB are closed to riding, then we will have something to b!tch and complain about.

Old 09-05-2002, 01:41 PM
Range Rover

Kez,
The snowmobile trail that I rode on was the one that took you from Big Bay to L'anse.
Actually it was quite weird, but the whole time I was up there, I did not see any quads all week!! Well, besides the occasional local parked outside a bar. Oh, I ended up renting a cabin on Lake Superior for the week. I got a great deal, only 300 bucks for the whole week.

As for the whole map thing, well, your probably right, that was my fault. But... Being that I'm used to riding in the in the L.P. where there's DNR stations with Maps all over the place, I guess I expected the same up there. But even if I could get a county map with all the backroads and such, there's so many crisscrossing trails and nothing is marked, it gets way to confusing.

The only reason I asked the Ranger station is Munising was because I was there doing some sight seeing, and I thought I'd just stop in. I didn't ask them about Big Bay in particular, I just asked the about riding in the Upper in general.

Also I wasnt' trying to deter the guy from going, just giving him my opinions.

Later

Old 09-05-2002, 04:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well all I can say is this thread is so long and drawed out, I have forgot what it was about. LOL.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 09-05-2002, 07:15 PM
kez
Trailblazer

MagnumMudMan, I couldn't have said it better myself....

The reason I have given John a tongue lashing is because he malicously accused Lack of trying to take advantage of the hotel owners. John had faxed the owners of the hotel, copies of this thread so they could read what was being said..... Luckily the owners know Lack well enough, to know he would not promote people to take advantage of their services.

I'm sorryto say, that Lack has taken the information on the hotel off of his site, so wackoo's like John cannot cause such a commotion again. that really irritates me, because it is because of Lack that I had found B.B. and came to love it and it's laidback residents. I also feel that people like John deter others from posting good riding areas.

The 30,000 people who read posts on ATVCONNECTTION should thank John for losing information on a phenominal place to ride.....

Old 09-11-2002, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

We've been riding Hurley and the Keewenau Peninsula and I haven't been around to repond to my newly acquired 'friends'.........

Magnum Mud Man,

Tried to help you out on Drummond once and am sorry now that I took the time.

From your quote:

"I have been following this thread (?) since it started and I would have to say that it has gotten way out of hand. I fail to understand what the big controversy is over these claimed "unanswered" questions. Michimanic - if you don't like the answers they gave to your questions, call the hotel and ask them instead of making a big stink over it on the web".........

You've been following this thread and are asking ME to call the hotel and talk to the owners? How many times (I've called up there three times; same story) do the owners have to tell me these guys are full of sh*t and wishing they'd quit telling the whole world what they claim isn't true?

Is asking a fellow rider to clear up why these people were so pissed at the way their services were being portrayed some kind of problem with you?

Would YOU drive from Liberty Center, OH. to the northern reaches of the U.P. (how many hours is that?) after getting two different stories and the related questions from your 'reliable' fellow rider never answered?

Pretty ironic to me that you and your buds are coming here to Silver Lake this month and wanted us Michiganders (over on 'atv time') to tell you ALL ABOUT 'our' area, so that you were sure to not have any 'surprises' when you got here............

your last words.......

......"Let's lighten up and go riding before areas like BB are closed to riding, then we will have something to b!tch and complain about."

Problem is, Magnum, that up here, we strive to get our stories straight BEFORE crap gets out of hand or closed and THEN we go riding.........

Why is it that you three from Illinois, Indiana and Ohio have such a problem with that?

Finally, to my buddy Kez, who has decided to add 'wacko' to his many colorful descriptions of myself..............

(Quoting Kez)"Luckily the owners know Lack well enough, to know he would not promote people to take advantage of their services"..........

Then what the heck was he doing if the owners are telling me that they can't stop %@#$%! 's ***LIKE LACKDOG*** from riding the private land they show him and bragging to the whole world about it !!!

(Quoting Kez)......"I'm sorry to say, that Lack has taken the information on the hotel off of his site, so wackoo's like John cannot cause such a commotion again"..........

Yeah, that was why he did it.........and the owners just plain LIED to me about asking him to do it a long time ago..............

(Quoting Kez)"......I also feel that people like John deter others from posting good riding areas.

The 30,000 people who read posts on ATVCONNECTTION should thank John for losing information on a phenominal place to ride".....

Somehow, I'm just going to have to live with myself, Kez. I know that 'plain talk' and 'the truth' don't play very well outside of rural Michigan...........but we kinda like it that way.

John

Old 09-12-2002, 08:50 PM
kez
Trailblazer

John,

It's amazing to me, to think the owners, would bad mouth people who consistently stay at and praise their establishment. To think they would believe some guy over the internet who had never stayed a night in their motel, and whom is a complete stranger.

Come on John, not everyone on this site is a 13 year old, who will believe whatever he/she reads online.

And if Mary and Duane do not trust us, then why do they do they keep taking us to new and even more amazing places. Seem's to me, that Lack isn't the one who is being dishonest.

And for the attack on MagnumMud Man he was just stating this thread was getting old and the arguments were becoming repetitive. Instead of making such a big deal out of it, from the get-go you should have contacted the owners and that would be the end of it. MMM wasn't attacking you as a person (that would be me), he was just stating how this could have all been avoided.

The only reason I keep replying to this thread, is because I occassionally get bored. I think it's comical to read your babble, it isn't often that I get to argue with a person, who has a 13-year old mentality!

Come on, keep quoting me genius!!!!!

Quick Reply: Big Bay Michigan ride - 400 miles - 4 days - LOTS of mud >>>>