Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Red Top did NOT Disappoint (Lots of Mud & Water)

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 01:21 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rode Red Top today. It was really fun, lots of stuff to play and Yes theres lots of mud.
From Isle to Red Top theres three nice mud holes. I only rode in the biggest and deepest one. It almost got me stuck, pretty thick, mud was up to my floorboards(appox 16&quot with water on top. A stock machine would of been done in the frist five feet. I have named it the "Power Hole" since theres is a power line over it. This hole is about a mile north of Isle on the right side of the trail(if going away from Isle).
Once in Red Top it was small puddle after small puddle, most filled in with rock. But on the trial called Sand Hills theres a gate that as a nice mud hole thats not filled in. I got stuck in it, watch out theres a steep drop off in once spot. The Sink Hole is still fun, even though I made everything in 2 wheel drive easy. Then just pass the sink hole is a nice swamp people have been playing in, I think its illegal to ride in this spot but who cares after they filled in the sink hole. I think if you took some of those one way trails that there would be many more mud holes. I didnt have the time to ride those trails this trip. I wish I brought the camera.

I would say if you want to ride these spots, and hard terrain hurry up be for the DNR closes them off. I think by ATVAM they will have this all blocked off. Hopefully I get up there next weekend.