Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Black River Falls, WI

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 02:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wondering if the Black River Falls, WI area is any good?

Any other trail systems close by that can be hit from the BRF trails or a short drive?

Was hoping to find a trail map online to check out.

Can someone tell me a little about the trail network, whats around, places to stay, eat, Etc.

Also have heard mixed reviews for the Stickers required to use the trails.

One person told me if we have Michigan ORV Stickers we are covered. Yet another told me I need some type of WI registration sticker. Anyone know forsure?

Thanks,

Jason

Old 08-29-2002, 10:59 PM
Range Rover

Have been going to Black River (BRF) for the last 10 years. BRF has about 95 miles of ATV trails. Clark County which is the next county probably has about 200 miles. In Black River there is the Oasis Area right by the interstate at exit 116 (I think), there are about 3 motels and a campground that you can ride your ATV from. If you stay around Hatfield there are 2 county campgrounds. East Arbutus Campground you can ride BRF. West Arbutus Campground you can ride Clark County. There is a parking lot outside of Hatfield that you can park at for Clark County. Clark County has a Web Site. ON the ATVConnection Home Page go to trails in WI. Should lead you to some more information. The campground at East and by the intersate have hot showers. There is also Crawford Hills Motorcycle Park for camping, but no showers. Maps can be found at the local businesses also. About the stickers, was there in July and as long as you have a valid sticker from your State, then you are legal. If you have a motorcycle, then you need to purchase a Jackson County Sticker to ride BRF.

Old 08-30-2002, 03:21 AM
Trailblazer

I have never been on the BRF trails. The group I go with have been there a couple of times but since they found the trails in Clark County they haven,t gone back. When I go, I stay at the Super 8 (much nicer than your normal Super 8) in BRF or my friends stay at a little camp ground called Norm & Anns that is connected to the trails. The campground is on highway 10 near county highway B, west of Neillsville. There is also a parking area accross the road from there that you can use to access the trails. If you hit the trails heading north from there you can head up to a place called Rock Dam for a good burger and gas. On your way back be sure to hit the Seven sisters Loop, it's one of the best up there.