Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

So. Calif.-TRAILER THEFTS

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2002, 06:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So. Calif.-TRAILER THEFTS

Thankyou for the welcoming!! Yes I am new. I post on the glamisdunes forum and some one on the board directed me to this site!
Yz guy, i feel you. My boyfriend and i have to load our bikes up in the street too. I often wonder if they are just LOOKING. Its a horrible feeling to even have to think that.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
This is off the subject but if any of you guys want to head to Glamis for T-day weekend and need someone to camp with let my boyfriend and I know!! We are always looking for more people to ride with and have a good time!!

Old 11-18-2002, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

We decided to stay home on T-day weekend and avoid the crowds, although I will do some day riding up in the local mountains. I enjoy dune riding, but my real love is desert X-country and mountain trail riding. We mostly ride Ocotillo Wells, Rasor, the local mountains, and the Sierras. But, let us know any time you are looking for people to ride with. I have lots of beginner and intermediate friends to ride with, but have trouble finding anybody who likes to really push it!!!

We will be a Rasor Nov. 22-25 if anybody is interested!!!!

Old 11-18-2002, 01:52 PM
Range Rover

YZGUY,
I am with you....I have lots of friends that like to ride the sand dunes and most of them are into sport quads only and I will be getting my 600 Twin within the next two weeks so I will be doing x-country and moutain riding only so I will be looking for people to ride with here as well. We have millions of acres of public land in New Mexico and mountain ranges after mountain ranges so it is not as hard to find a place to ride as it is to find some good trust worthy riders to ride with....oh well...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2002, 03:14 PM
Range Rover

Quick fix:

Get yourself an electric fence charger and solar charging panel (Altogether $150) . When you set your trailer down, lay the charger down on the floor of the trailer (with the solar panel on top) pointed up toward the sun . Spot weld two lead wires to your trailer. Hook these leads up to the contacts on the charger.

Now, someone who should not be touching your trailer will be met with several thousand volts of innocuous electricity that will send them reeling. No one will fu** with that trailer a 2nd time.

Remember you did all this when you come back to the trailer. Otherwise, your arms will be numb a while too....

I did this at my weekend place, and they quick trying to get into my pump-house.

".....only in Texas....."

Chucky

Old 11-21-2002, 11:02 AM
Trailblazer

This could just be an evil little mother ------- who need to be eliminated. I am sitting here working my butt off to pay for the crap I have and im still not satisfied if anyone even thought about steeling my ride they had better be in dire need of serious pain because be for I call the cops im going to give that a hole the best pain of his life.

Old 11-22-2002, 12:04 PM
Range Rover

I like the idea of the electricity but what if I forget....so why in the world does someone want to get into your pump house ?? I guess is just might be the idea that the thief can see inside and they have to know what you have....<U>curious as a cat will get you shot !!!!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]</U>