Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

MINNESOTA riderz or wisconsin????

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MINNESOTA riderz or wisconsin????

WhoDat,

well said. I'm currently quadless, but hopefully will have a new machine so I can set up another ride for this spring. Any thoughts other than Nemadji?

Old 11-26-2002, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

What happend to the Vinson?
You might not remember me, I had the GREEN sportsman with the big tires and such.. I went with last spring..

Old 11-26-2002, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

I remember you. Couldn't forget.

My daughter moved in with me this summer so I had to ad a bedroom to the house. My employer has been going GUNG-HO with lay-offs also, so in part it was preparation for losing my job (hasn't happened yet). On the other hand, my wife has changed jobs, so I had to sell the Dodge to buy something more affordable to drive. Not to mention the Dodge was a lease vehicle and the mileage was getting in the red zone. So all together I sold the Vinson and my namesake (my Lone Eagle 7MM-08) to help curve the extra expenditures. Hopefully this spring Suzuki will have something attractive to offer. If not, then I may be leading the pack this spring with a new Kawi V-Force.

Be sure to check back in the spring to see where we may be heading for the 3rd annual get-together. If anyone has any other choices other than Nemadji, let me know.

Old 11-26-2002, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like you have had a heck of a year.
I sould the slow beast, I could NOT handel it any more, NO performance. It was like driving a tank. Plus I LOVE my speed and performance now.. I could NOT go back for a long time.. Good luck on the new machine..

Old 11-27-2002, 10:41 AM
Trailblazer

So we going to do a ride soon for those w/quads and some time on their hands?

Old 11-28-2002, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

i dont know!, i am going up to ride lax lake on christmas vacation that is in silverbay, i will go riding with yall where? i might have to ride my 87 pice of crap because the tecate is montana(dont ask,cousins) and if we will be riding like ohv or muddy trails i wont wanna bring the shee out! where should we go and when

Old 12-01-2002, 07:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

Im new to these forums but I know ALOT of places to ride anytime of the year..and this year seems to be the one for quad riding during the winter what do you guys say..lol not a damn bit of snow..Ive got a 2002 MX Shee, and a 2000 MX Blaster, and I know for a fact that they wouldnt pass any noise tests...so Id rather ride the local trails/pits/tracks etc..we should have a HUGE mx ride sometime this spring..Ive got 3 tracks being built this spring, local sized, ama sized that conjoins the local for its gates and finish line, and a woods/cross country style track that conjoins the ama sized track...and we have a 70X300 pole shed with 18' ceilings that ill be putting an indoor mx track in this winter...we should decide on something soon guys...this would be an awesome ride..Ive never participated in one before...later

Old 12-01-2002, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

where is rice? how far from duluth?

Old 12-01-2002, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

I see the Washington Ramsey Anoka Jihad Crimson-Tide Riders cancelled their Iron River ride earlier this year.

Has anyone reviewed the liability of organizing a ride? With the litigation lottery even more prevalent today - What happens if someone gets hurt or killed? Is the "organizer", or Club responsible?

In skydiving we have to sign waivers that include everyone in the process - instructors, pilots, riggers, packers, the city, the airport - everyone.... And it specificaly transfers any award for damages back to the defendants just in case some judge decides to protect us from ourselves.

So if someone here organizes a ride, and there is a liability claim, does that organizer bare the brunt of some starving attorneys plea for justice and compensation?

All that being said, What are the options? Whats open all year in MN ? -

Would we consider Wisconsin or is the risk of being recruited into a CheezeHead to high for that?

Old 12-01-2002, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

Cheese head or not, I helped you put your Axle back in last year!!

Lets just find a place and ride, no orginizing just show up if you want..

Quick Reply: MINNESOTA riderz or wisconsin????