Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Moses Lake

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moses Lake

Hey techtip i was just wondering where you are located at in LS? I live in LS also. Do you know of any other riding areas besides, Walker, Reiter, 5000 rd? Let me know Thanks

Old 05-29-2003, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default Moses Lake

WarriorQueen. I live i the new development at the end of Lundeen PArkway. We usually ride at Gold BAr or Granite Falls when we don't feel like traveling very far. If we are in the mood to travel then we are off to Florence, Belfair,Tahuya etc. Lately it has just been Gold BAr & Granite falls though. This weekend we are headed to Florence for a few days. I am always looking for new places to ride. I am new to the area, so I am not sure if there are other places I am missing.

TechTip 168 Keep the rubber side down[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2003, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default Moses Lake

warriorqueen: do you know anything about the track near the lake stevens high school??? it is a pretty good size track with table tops and jumps, never seen anyone on the track and not sure who owns it... and then there is a track down off of 92 near lochsloy, not a big track but got some good size jumps and there is grass all around it....do youknow anything about these tracks?? I am going with techtip to florence to again beat on his ***, guys with automatics are just a bunch of wussies....hahaa

Old 06-01-2003, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Moses Lake

Tech- I'm pretty close to you, I'm over in the development next to the church that they built last year off hwy 9. South of frontier Village. The places that you named are the ones that i go to also.

Bighonda- I have never heard of or seen those tracks. I will have to investigate alittle bit more and see if i can come up with any info. I will also throw you a link if i find one on Monroe track.

I just heard for a friend that they are closing down Moses Lake is this just a rumor or what?? I know alot of people trash it, but i really dont feel like driving 10 hours to Oregon (Coos Bay) again. When it only takes us 2 1/2 - 3 hours to get to Moses and then i can ride my quad alot longer than sitting in a truck doing nothing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-01-2003, 10:57 PM
Range Rover
Default Moses Lake

It is a never ending rumer. Talked to Grant County Sheriffs and they said there is a group of people who own most of the Dunes and they lease it to the county for an ORV park, they want to keep it open. The rumer is from the developer of the homes next to the lake. But his complants are useless. But, He is the reason for the lake front closed to camping but that is all.

The sheriff's say with out the 206ers or Coastees coming over the Dunes, Town would shutdown and the Hospital would too.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

So When I travel over there I spend 3 hrs driving and 2 hours cleaning up after the locals who just use the ORV park as a place to party and dump their trash.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Keep cleaning to keep it open!!!!!!!!

Mike

Old 06-02-2003, 04:21 AM
Trailblazer
Default Moses Lake

I ride at Moses Lake. I think its a fun place. I mean i do all i need to which is drag, jump, and trial ride. Also with a lake right along it. Perfect to go riding and jet skiing.

Where else are there nice dunes around my area? Not to far from Othello.

Old 06-08-2003, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default Moses Lake

White trash?!? That is harsh... but correct. There always seems to be plenty of regular garbage trash in the dunes too. We usually blame it on the coasties that come over on the big weekends.

The ML Dunes are nothing special; just enough sand to warrant paddle tires. Rumors about closing are mostly not true. The town wouldn't totally fold if the dunes were closed, but Memorial Day weekend just wouldn't be the same.
For me, it's well worth the 15 minute drive... I think I might go there tomorrow.

Somewhere out here in eastern WA near Pasco there is rumored to be another set of small dunes called Juniper. I've never been there.

Old 05-17-2004, 03:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Moses Lake

hey i live near zion. i have riden at 5000 but i havn't gone that far in. i see people going by while i'm riding but where are they going? is there a good spot up farther or are they just riding the road?