Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Rattlesnake Bay Closing

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattlesnake Bay Closing

I talked to a guy who is a Vice President in a club in North Mississippi....they have their own website at www.alloutatv.com and have been in existence for 5 months. They put flyers and notices at local dealerships and attracted a lot of members that way. There are plenty of dealerships around this area that should help. Since I work next door to Hattiesburg Cycles, I may ask them about it.

Old 04-17-2003, 07:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

OK. I know the people up here at the Honda shop very well and I am sure I could put flyers out there. I could probably do it at the Yamaha shop here to, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Old 04-18-2003, 12:26 AM
Trailblazer

A little news- Elks Lake in Dixie is having a ride next Sat.26th.
I should have a number by tomorrow to call. Just saw some pics of their last one.
Bring your good tires and your old clothes. Said they had about 45 ATVs and a blast.
There is a place called the Devil's Garden on the trail and looks pretty tough.
About a club, keep talking to people. The starting point is get a core group, that wants
to do the start-up organization. Then have a open meeting about forming a club and
what people would like to see done. Then comes membership, electing leadership and
hopefully some ***kicking riding. Just will take some time. RIDE ON

Old 04-20-2003, 10:38 PM
Trailblazer

Went riding at Tiger Creek this past Thursday (my first visit). Myself, Son and neighbor had a blast. We rode aprox 17 miles and did not travel the same trail twice. Being our first visit, sorta hit the main trails, etc. Due to condition of the trails, this is definately a utility quad and/or dirt bike use only. There were a few creeks that even after surveying the best place to cross, one or more of us got stuck. That grey clay is tuff.

Did note on the board a letter dated Oct,2002, reflecting they were "reviewing" the closing of the ATV trail, due to soil errosion,etc. But from reading the letter, it would appear the closing would only be until the trails were reconditioned. But it also noted, the time required to make these corrrections were undetermined due to limiteded funding. We plan on going back in the very near future with a few more of our local die hard riders. Kicking around the idea of making an overnight stay. Do a little day and night riding.

Old 04-24-2003, 02:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

Iwould be interested in a club even though Iam just learning to ride.
Smitty

Old 04-25-2003, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

RancherSmitty, we'd be glad to have you and experience is not required. Besides, riding with others is the best way to gain experience. You can e-mail me at rebelds@comcast.net

Old 04-26-2003, 12:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

Where is Tiger creek. Is their camping what kind tent,campers.

Old 04-26-2003, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider

Tiger Creek is in Ovett, off of Hwy 15 between Richton and Laurel.

Old 05-03-2003, 12:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

Went to Tiger Creek and had a great time almost wore the winch out. It is most defetly for utility 4 wheelers. We need to try and meet up and go since their is no other place around here to go.
Smitty

Old 05-03-2003, 04:46 PM
Range Rover

Man all these place closing it makes it hard to still want to get atv. I remenber went i was a kid you could ride almost any where. All the land now is lis. out to hunters and they buy about 100 to 1500 acres of land which you can't ride on. I like to hunt to but we really need some nice places to ride also. I want to buy me a atv and my kid one to but why should i buy one if there is no place to ride. To much money to just ride in your yard and just not that fun in your yard. I really think if they had some nice place to ride there would be alot more rides. When i talk to my friends about getting a atv they say where are you going to ride it. They don't know nothing about rattlesnake bay or etc. Is it really worth getting a atv? I hope so.

Quick Reply: Rattlesnake Bay Closing