Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Spokane Washington- N.Idaho- W.Montana riders lets get together here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 03:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spokane Washington- N.Idaho- W.Montana riders lets get together here!

i put bear claws on mine works and looks great. check out my site for pics and link to where i got them Free shipping.

Old 02-04-2005, 03:08 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: maggiesboy
Originally posted by: akkarw
Good evening all. Been a while since we have been here. Hope every body had a great holiday. The reason we are writing is we need to replace the tires on our machines and are wondering what everyone's thoughts are on tires. We want somethign that does awesome in the backcountry, like in snow and mud, but also will last when riding on the trails.

Any suggestions??

Kori
ITP Mudlites are killer tires for for the money, I just ran a set on my YFZ 450 for the first time this last weekend.

Old 02-14-2005, 10:27 AM
Range Rover

Well we bought the mud lights this weekend. Should be here when we get back from New Orleans. WOOHOO!! Looking forward to doing some riding in march. Anybody have any plans to go riding??

Kori

Old 02-16-2005, 05:49 AM
Range Rover

I heard that the snowmobile trails (dirt roads) around the Coeur d'Alene area are now open to regular vehicle (cars and trucks) traffic. Sure hope the forests aren't closed down later this summer. About three years ago western Montana forests were closed down (as in NO vehicles allowed) and the northern Idaho forests had some pretty tight restrictions.

I usually like to bow hunt but this year I will take vacation time in Oct. to rifle hunt just because I believe the northern Idaho forests will be closed in Sept. Unless of course it rains most of Sept. like it did last year.

Old 02-16-2005, 06:54 AM
Range Rover

Kori, There are some very nice trails that lay between Wonderful peak and HWY 90. Some can be found by unloading at Lookout Pass Ski Resort. Either head into the Idaho side or go around the mountain into Montana. Either way, that's some beautiful country with some pretty decent trails.

If you're into bear hunting the Mastadon area is a good one. Many huckleberry patches can be found between Mastadon and Elsie lake.

Although I have never been more than a couple of miles on it, there is an ATV trail that supposedly goes about 30 or so miles. This trail is located on the north side of HWY 90 just a couple of miles or so east of Pinehurst. I would suppose this would be a good trail to go on in March.

Later,

Old 02-16-2005, 10:00 AM
Range Rover

Wayback--We too are worried about being able to ride this summer. I think thats why we are itching to get going. We spend a lot of our time in the summer at our friends place out side of st. maries. We love to ride up to Mastadon and own a geo cache on top of elsie peak. I guess some guys did a ride last weekend from fernan saddle over to wallace then over moon pass and into avery. Looked like a fun ride.

We also hope to ride more in north idaho around the Coolin/Priest Lake area. So we shall see.

Old 02-16-2005, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

is Elsie peak and Elsie Lake the some area...just west of Sliver mountain area??

We gotta hook up this spring guys!

Ragged

Old 02-16-2005, 11:46 AM
Range Rover

Ya it is the same area. If you ride from wallace you go straight into the lake then there is a trail that takes you up to the peak. If you ride in from the Calder side you can ride up to the peak first then down into the lake. Its a pretty fun ride either way. You can also hit moon pass and ride back into avery.

Old 02-16-2005, 05:23 PM
Range Rover

A ride from Fernan Saddle to Avery is one very, very, very long ride. My butt hurts just from thinking about it. Actually my right thumb is now getting numb to. It's nice to know though that Moon Pass is passable.

The fastest way to get to Elsie, from the CDA area, is to take the turnoff on the right side of HWY 90 about a mile or two east of Kellogg. You can unload your ATV's within a couple of hundred years of the HWY. This route takes you past the SunShine Mine.

I haven't been on the trail that goes from the Elsie/Mastadon area to Moon Pass but would like to ride it sometime.

Most of the riding in theCoolin/Priest Lake area can be done in a pickup. Not many real ATV type trails around there that I have found. I can tell you that starting in late April the pesky skeeters appear and even more unfortunate, they seem to come in mass. Also, I have found an area up there, just south of Horton Ridge, that has lots of ticks in April and May. On the positive side, there are some very pretty views to be had around there.

Anybody that doesn't smoke or litter have Tue, Wed or Thur's off?

Old 02-17-2005, 03:34 AM
Range Rover

Moon Pass, Avery, Lake Elsie is where my buddies and I ride all the time. The Moon Pass to Lake Elsie loop is a kick. How many of you have pics of the flag? I'd be interested to know the coordinates of the Geocache???

Glad to know Moon Pass and Elsie are open. My uncle and I are extended my trailer a foot and putting on a longer tongue, so hopefully that gets done soon!

Quick Reply: Spokane Washington- N.Idaho- W.Montana riders lets get together here!