Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Spokane Washington- N.Idaho- W.Montana riders lets get together here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spokane Washington- N.Idaho- W.Montana riders lets get together here!

Hey guys, does anyone know are there maps of the trails around Wallace? Always wanted to go ride there but not really sure where the proper trails are.

Thanks,
Shady

Old 02-17-2005, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

I am hearing a little bit about predicted closures. How real of a deal is that? I know here in the Colville nat. Forest, they did impose fire restrictions but not motorized vehicles. Also, I have seen a restriction on 2 stroke vehicles and those without arestors. I sure hope nothing stands in the way of what could be a great yet dry riding season.

Old 02-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Range Rover

Shady Rascal, Try the Wallace chamber of commerce and the U.S. Forest Service.

Pastor, A few years back the western montana roads were blocked off with barricades. I forget what all the restrictions were for northern Idaho forests but I believe no fires were allowed, even in campgrounds. Also, there was a restriction on where a person could smoke a cigarette. I think they could only smoke in their vehicles. Authorities were considering closing the Idaho forests that season but luckily they didn't.

Old 02-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

So what your saying is that there weren't any restrictions on motorized vehicles? Thanks.

Old 02-17-2005, 03:52 PM
Range Rover

Actually in Idaho there were restrictions for motorized vehicles and some specifically for dirt bikes and ATV's. One was to stay on maintained trails. Keep in mind the Idaho forests were not closed down like Montana forests were.

Old 02-19-2005, 12:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

You can get maps of the Wallace area at the visitors center. When you get off the freeway (Eastbound) it is on your right. You can unload in their parking lot and walk right in...pick up a map and you are on your way.

Old 02-20-2005, 12:14 PM
Range Rover

Well we made it back from New Orleans safe and sound. If anybody ever gets the chance to go, it is a blast. Anyway--

AJC629--The coordinates for the cache can be found on geocaching.com Our user name is Luckyangel1998 and the name of the cache is Elsie Lake View.. However with all that being said. Here are the coordinates N 47° 25.381 W 116° 01.341 We have done the ride both ways and it is so much fun.

Looking forward to getting our machines put back together and doing some riding SOON!!!!!!!

Old 02-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Range Rover

akkarw, You need to put your machines back together??? You drive Polaris's right? I guess they must have about 10k miles on them and were finally ready for some in-depth maintenance (LOL).

Old 02-21-2005, 12:55 AM
Range Rover

na we only have like 1600 miles on them. We change the filters and all on them. Need to take the plow off of mine and load them back on the trailer. Nothing major. Oh we also have to put the new tires on them. WOOHOO!!! Hope to get it done this week and next week. WIth the hope of maybe riding the first weekend in march.

Old 02-22-2005, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

wow!.....Things is heatin up around here....LITERALLY! Just got back from Revelstoke BC snowmobiling some of the most incredible mountains on the continent! There is still a good 12ft on the ground up there...nothing like climbing a mountain straight up the face 1000ft at a shot....just dont mess up!...lol

What excites me now is that I have found that many of the areas I rode are accessible by quad...SWEET!! I'll be taking the family back this summer forsure! There are so many places I ride sleds that quads are out lawed it makes me sick..

The Lake Elsie area is way cool...Ive been into several of those bowls on snowmobile and one of them was so steep not everyone could climb back out....one sled with nitros couldnt even climb out, the snow was so deep...He eventually burned down his motor with so many attempts...ouch...we took the motor out of the sled carried it out, rebuilt it and came back the following saturday dug it out of the foot of fresh that was covering it, installed the motor and after several attempts got it out...

anyway...if there is any quad trails accross those ridge tops I gotta find um!

If any one is riding saturday let me know....I am trying to get ahold of GWP and do some exploring...anyone up for a trip ?? Still alot of snow up high but its hard and verry ridable...

Ragged

Quick Reply: Spokane Washington- N.Idaho- W.Montana riders lets get together here!