Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Spokane Washington- N.Idaho- W.Montana riders lets get together here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spokane Washington- N.Idaho- W.Montana riders lets get together here!

WOW....I been missin all the fun over here!! ROTFLOL...for you Bomb riders...that stands for ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING OUT LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Coy....You of all the dudes on here talk more superior brand stuff than anyone....well ...except maybe me...lol....but what makes it funny is that you are the guy jumpin from Honda is the best....to Bombs the best...lol.....DUDE POLARIS IS THE BEST!! ....how many rigs you gonna buy before to come around....WEIGHT RULES when it comes to UTILITY quads....If I feel like I want to move a mountain....I strap a big chain around it ...drop it in low ...and move it!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I dont go bouncin around trying to grab traction...but at the same time...your right...Im not going to win any contests racing up hill in the snow...But thats why I also have a 800 Polaris sled on NITROS to do the job in the snow....

I have had 3 Poo quads now and have never been to the shop for anything more than a regular service and adjustments....Poos are as reliable as any quad out there and built to roll down the mountain flip it back on its top and keep riddin...their TUFF!! NUFF SAID!!..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Im sure there are lots of good quads out there each performing better at differant things....BUT....it was said that the Pastor wanted a good UTILITY quad...somthing to get back in the woods hunting, with the best ride, traction, power and ground clearance...I also know that he wants to plow snow at his house with it so he wants big time traction and power...to get traction he needs good tires and ...yes ....WEIGHT!! ...how I did I say it before.....POLARIS BABY!!

oh ya....and if you wanta go talkin tooooo much smack to my pastor...I'll come find ya where ya live and pull your house down the street with my POLARIS!!....LOL....and as for experiance....there no doubt in my mind that even though pastor has only been rideing for a few years that he has more experiance that you..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]....if experiance is seat time....Hes the only guy I know that puts more miles on his quad than his Chevy truck...lol...ok ...maybe not more than the Chevy ...BUT CLOSE!!!!LOL...Hes just not the rippin back contry rider you or I am.......

I luv this stuff you guys are great!! Had fun ridding with yall this summer...With all this talk it makes me want to take a day off from sleddin and go riddin quads...I'll even let Jay ride my poo and take it places he cant even take his BOMB!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Just kiddin you guys.....lots of fun....(but Polaris does rule)....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Ragged

Old 01-23-2006, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

WEIGHT RULES when it comes to UTILITY quads....
Rockman we need to invite Ragged to go riding with us. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2006, 01:35 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: kavuday
Anyone happen to find some camo youngstown gloves?
I found a pair of gloves in the back of my rig - I'm not sure they are yours, but since they were stuffed inside your helmet, I have a strong suspicion that they just might be yours. If you can identify them I might just throw in the helmet too!

Old 01-24-2006, 01:42 AM
Range Rover

So just how did Kavudays Helmet and gloves get in the back of your rig? I thought you two left a little early. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2006, 02:59 AM
Pro Rider

Quote : So just how did Kavudays Helmet and gloves get in the back of your rig? I thought you two left a little early. .....

wow....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img].......Please....PLEASE!! Tell me you guys wernt riding over on Broke back mountain...that place is bad news!!!

Ragged

Old 01-24-2006, 07:49 AM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] You guys are crackin me up. er... maybe that wasn't a good choices of words.

Kodiak I've been ridding with Ragged up at Elsie. Had a blast. I think that's why he ran out and and bought that 800... after he met the king that is. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] As far as the weight thing goes. Weight rules when you want to move a mountain. I prefer ride over them. If your pulling stuff around all the time then it's good. Weight, in my opion, is a liability not an asset. That's why you see manufactures doing what they can to shave weight. Otherwise our quads would look like tanks and tractors. Well most manufactors that is, srry poopoo. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I do like some of the idea's Poopoo has on thier quads. I would like to see some of those features on others. LED brake lights, cool. Great storage. Great plastic that doesn't break so easy. At the same time, give me a true 4x4 that works all the time. When I'm locked in 4x4, I'm locked in, period. I'm also smart enough to know how to use my brakes. I want control of the front and rears independantly. I've never had a Poop go where I couldn't go. I HAVE GONE WHERE THE POOPS COULDN'T FALLOW! The look on the guys with the 800 and two 700s when they told us the snows to deep you can't get up there. I kicked the ruts in and my wife on her Vinson blew through them and kept going. "See you at the top boys". Now I don't own a sled. I like to ride all year round. Mind you, I wouldn't mind having a sled, but that's comparing apples and oranges.

I was trying to refrain from bashing, but, well dang it I couldn't take it any more. LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Lets ride!!!

Old 01-24-2006, 10:20 AM
Range Rover

Remember Rockman, it's better to be cracked up than cracked open! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

I agree that it's good to have control over both the front and the rear brakes, and to have the 4x4 engaged all the time when the button is pushed, but I also don't want to have to hold a button in every time I'm in reverse or have the locker engaged. That is one of the advantages of the Vinson manual, no override. If they made a king in a manual I'd be looking at upgrading, but as it is I don't see another quad that I would rather have right now for one reason or the other.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Niskibum
So just how did Kavudays Helmet and gloves get in the back of your rig? I thought you two left a little early. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
We left a little early because were a couple of married guys. I guess the 40 year old bache..virgin wouldn't understand that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

TT, thanks for spotting my gloves....and my helmet. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I suppose we need to plan another ride pretty soon so I can get those.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

Ragged;

Here's a quote or two from your pastor. See if I'm picking on him, or were my comments about starting flame wars warranted.

Sat October 29, 2005 10:07 PM

I don't think I've seen a more riduclous and OBVIOUSLY rigged promotion in all my atv days. The reason: Polaris is in trouble. I looked at the want ads in our local paper today. It roughly serves over 500,000 people. There were more than a few used bikes for sale...virtually every used bike was a......you guessed it....Polaris. They have the worst service record in history AND the worst customer satisfaction of any manufacturer. Notice they didn't talk about weight verses power? Hmmm...I wonder why. The slick video is a desperate attempt to reclaim some of their past glories. It's over. I trust that video as much as the political mudslinging around election time.

Sat October 29, 2005 10:32 PM

Hondabuster...This IS a Suzuki forum. We reserve the right to pursue truth ecspecially when it comes to placing these machines in a comprimised light. Polaris's are junk...I thought everybody already knew that!

Mon November 14, 2005 8:41 AM

I was really interested in the new bomb 800. All of the specs and raves were pointing toward a revolutionary machine. Unfortunately, this machine is starting to look like "just another fast sport/utility machine". I have had more than a few of these machines and sadly in real world applications they do have limitations. As someone who prefers the most rugged stuff I can get into...this machine looks too pretty and to "sporty" to be of real use in the woods. As I don't see a lot of hunters, guides and true backwoodser's using them so I will passing up this machine. I appreciate all of the bravado and machismo that you bombers have manifested but...your stuff doesn't win ANY awards in the woods. Which I don't understand being made in Canada. So...stay on the sand where you belong. What good is a sand machine in the woods? Maybe that's why so many guys from california buy these things.

Sun October 30, 2005 10:46 PM

If you guys dont like the threads that I start...stay off of them. As I remember correctly this is a SUZUKI site. So, who cares if you dont agree with me. You won't stop me from saying what i want to. its obvious because guys like Hondabuster don't have anything better to than hang around and start trouble. I dont mind guys coming here from other brands...just be nice.

Mon November 14, 2005 2:07 PM

Great let em blackball me...what have I done wrong? I only stated that I was looking at the new Bomb and couldnt find ANYONE who hunts with them. i did find a lot of their machines that run in the sand So? Can't I say that I am now not interested? Whats with you guys? Cannot someone say what they want (within reason) and or change their minds. I haven't used or ever would use profanity or been deragatory. So...whats the problem?

Old 01-24-2006, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

Ragged;

I tried to find an example of me saying Honda is best, or Bombardier is best, and couldn't find it. I have never been brand loyal. I did find this post stating that fact.

Tue September 20, 2005 2:51 AM

Ragged;
I used to ride Polaris. Back in 1993 I bought the brand new sportsman 350 because it was the best thing going according to all the tests I could read. It was a great machine, and when I went riding with a bunch of guys who had Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Honda utility atv's, I smoked their butts bad. They poked fun at my rubber band powered transmission, until I proved to them that their stuff was simply inferior to my sportsman. I also owned a 1995 400 Explorer, which I later gave to a friend of mine and he rides it to this day. It was another excellent machine. I never became brand loyal though, and after riding quads that weigh 150 to 200 pounds less in the same class, I just don't think I will be buying anymore sportman quads until they lose weight. oink oink..

I think every factory running is making great quads these days, so you just can't go too far wrong with any of them. It just seems that one factory likes to make their stuff HEAVY If I were looking to buy farm implements, then heavy would be good But I don't do a lot of farming.

As for my experience, I grew up at the base of ragged ridge. Second to the last house on Kath road, six miles from the nearest pavement. There was nothing to do BUT ride. I started on dirt bikes in 1969. I started riding quads in 1987 when I bought a Honda 250R, and a 250X.

Quick Reply: Spokane Washington- N.Idaho- W.Montana riders lets get together here!