Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Spokane Washington- N.Idaho- W.Montana riders lets get together here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spokane Washington- N.Idaho- W.Montana riders lets get together here!

Pastor;
My statement about needing more experience is simple. A guy with undoubtably one of the finest quads made is making statements about how his sport/utility quad is somehow lacking when it comes to really getting "deep" into the woods. Now I know the Suzuki King quad is a fine machine, as I have ridden one. I know that among the big bore quads, there's not a huge gap between any of them really, and any of them can be ridden into stuff that us fragile humans shouldn't even be going into. So,,I have concluded,,correctly or not, that you have been taken out into the woods on your Suzuki, probably by Ragged, into someplace where he was going along with seeming ease, while you were either barely able, or not at all able to make it, and that is how you came up with the conclusion that the Polaris is a superior machine. I would guess that if Ragged rode nothing but Suzukis, and you were the polaris rider, he would still be taking his quad into bad spots that would have you thinking your polaris was inferior. Ragged is a young guy, who obviously has guts along with skills. I know, I have ridden with him. I would guess that he would be willing to ride into the pit of hell just to show you that his polaris can go places that no other quad can go. The fact is, if you put a guy with guts and skill on a Grizzly/BruteForce/Rincon/Outlander/KingQuad, he can go into the bad stuff right along with the polaris. Read all the reviews you can, and then buy whatever meets your needs. If getting out into the middle of nowhere with a quad that absolutely will not break is what you are after,,,,I hardly think picking the one with the worst rep in the business is the way to go though.

You have to remember, if you asked Ragged what color his socks are, he'd say "Polaris rules"

If you ask him what he had for breakfast, he'd say "Polaris rules"

If you told him that most atv magazines have not picked his quad as #1 this year, he'd say "Polaris rules"

Starting to see a pattern? Try riding that ruling polaris down the face of Canfield while it's engine braking system skids only the rear tires as you battle to keep from swapping ends in the loose rocks, and when you barely get to the bottom alive, with a look of sheer panic on your face, Ragged will look at you and say,,,,you guessed it,,,POLARIS RULES BABY!!!!!

Two years ago I went into the local polaris dealer, to buy a 500HO. The salesman took me to the side door, opened it so I could see all the quads in for work, and asked me "what do you see?" I saw almost nothing but polaris'. I said, "a whole bunch of polaris atv's". I was then sold a Honda by that same dealership. They said they would be happy to keep taking my money in the service department after taking my money on the sales floor, but, they prefer happy customers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Oh yeah,,,the hypersensitive thing,,,,I was invited to do a search on your posting habits on another forum. I did. I would have to say that you have started more flame wars than Ossama my friend. And you are not doing it by accident. Do the search yourself if you think I'm overstating that. I also noted that you angrily told off people who flamed the Suzuki. Were you being sensitive?

Old 01-21-2006, 04:00 PM
Trailblazer

Well, Boys, I ain’t afraid to admit it, but I’ve got one of the slowest, heaviest, gas guzzlingest, mechanically inferiorest, ATV’s ever made. But you know what, every time I swing my leg over the saddle, all my worries seem to disappear. Next time you go flying past an old man on the trail with a Keystone Lite can in one hand and a big smile on his face, stop me and we’ll compare how much fun we’re having that day.
Just wish I wasn’t sick, so I could have been out tearing up the trails with Niskibum and Turtletrax over by Bayview today…..Wiz

Old 01-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

JayDeeCoy...Thanks for the extensive explanation. I do appreciate your take on this. I understand what you are saying. Yes...ragged is a die hard. however, that really isnt how it happened. I really dont want to be misconstrued here...that is NOT why I came unto this thread. Yes...in the past I was pretty brazen toward the K.Q. critics. As far as I am concerned, those days are behind me. I am in the market for a "utlity" only machine...Polaris makes one. If there is another manufacturer that produces one I will take a look at it. I am NOT married to the idea of only getting a polaris. But, as i said i am looking for a utlity only machine. I am not interested in flaming anyone...lets just say wev'e turned a corner. Thanks for the response.

Old 01-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Pastor
JayDeeCoy...Thanks for the extensive explanation. I do appreciate your take on this. I understand what you are saying. Yes...ragged is a die hard. however, that really isnt how it happened. I really dont want to be misconstrued here...that is NOT why I came unto this thread. Yes...in the past I was pretty brazen toward the K.Q. critics. As far as I am concerned, those days are behind me. I am in the market for a "utlity" only machine...Polaris makes one. If there is another manufacturer that produces one I will take a look at it. I am NOT married to the idea of only getting a polaris. But, as i said i am looking for a utlity only machine. I am not interested in flaming anyone...lets just say wev'e turned a corner. Thanks for the response.
AC makes a great ute atv

Old 01-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

Kodiak660...Thanks. I'll check it out. Arctic cat has some great looking machines this year.

Old 01-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Trailblazer

Boy, I sure am glad I can't afford a new quad. There are so many choice out there today, it would be hard to choose. But if I was to buy a utility machine, it would not be a automatic.

Today would have been a wonderful day to get out and ride. I have been looking forward to it for a long time. I think I am finally over the hunting bug.

Old 01-21-2006, 11:27 PM
Range Rover

I'm going to have to agree with Wiz on this one. Faster, slower, more or less clearance, great racks of steel or plastic, best tires or sucky ones. The guy on the 85 Honda three wheeler with his shotgun on his handle bars and his dog on the rear rack seems to be having as much fun as the next guy. I get to ride with all kinds of different quads and different people. I've riden most all the big bores and lots of the small ones too. Manuals and automatics. I've tried the same machine with different tires and even tracks. Some set up for hunting, some for work, and others for sport. It's all good. You should ride what you like or what feels right to you. All things being equal, it comes down to each individual riders needs, desires, or preferences. Everybody is different. Thank God. To me what is important is that your out there riding and enjoying every mile of it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2006, 01:23 AM
Range Rover

Wow guys, I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy now. -sniff- How about a group hug,-sniff- and then we can sit around the fire and sing Kumbaya. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I gotta admit, even though I ride one of those sucky Suzuki Vinsons, I can't remember ever going riding when I didn't have a good time. It doesn't matter what you ride, you can break down in your own driveway. I've been pretty lucky. My Vinson has been used and abused, but it still keeps chugging along, and I know that if there is somewhere it can't go it's probably due to the rider, not the machine. I was even racing with a Grizz today and kept right up with him, to his surpise (and mine). He started pulling away, but once we got some speed up he couldn't loose me, and at top speed I think I was even gaining on him. I forgot to set the max speed on the gps, but the speedo said 62. Not bad for a 500 with 27"tires on it (he had 26's)

Sorry you couldn't make it today Wiz, we had a good time. Got to do some hill climbs, and ate some great food. There will be another Duck Club ride in the spring, so get healthy. I'll have the tow strap ready, just in case. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2006, 10:32 PM
Trailblazer

Had a nice ride yesterday with 'Bum and a few dozen of his closest friends. It was a good chance to do a little comparison on power, tires, traction, ride, performance, and strange modifications.
Hey Wiz - I took a good look at a Yamamha Rhino, and I was impressed! That thing will scoot right along, handles rough ground with ease, keeps up with the big boys, and will carry a full cooler in the back! The one I watched had a full cab, and they complained that they had to turn down the heat, as it got a little too warm. There was only one time that they had to turn back, and that was where we were squeezing through thick trees, and even then I watched Kavuday do some serious tire rubbing. Maybe you should give up your ideas about your new business linking the internet with aerial photography over the nudie camp and invest in a new machine!
Thanks for a good time yesterday!

Old 01-22-2006, 11:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, surprisingly fun ride for 'side-of-the-highway' stuff, but still a blast when there's 3 dozen quads or so rolling down the trail. Couldn't complain about the hill climbing there at the end either...that's always fun.

I've got to agree with rockman, wiz, and others; if you're out there riding and having fun, that's all that matters...leave the rest behind. Of course, there will always be plenty of time back at the fire to make fun of your buddy's quad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] That's all part of the fun, at least with the folks I ride with it is. Take it with a grain of salt...then spit some gravel in their grill!

My last 3 rides I've had techinical difficulties, but I didn't need a tow yesterday or have to make any trailside repairs, so it must have been a good day! I did come up short one pair of gloves [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Anyone happen to find some camo youngstown gloves?

Quick Reply: Spokane Washington- N.Idaho- W.Montana riders lets get together here!