Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

attn. washington riders!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 09:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default attn. washington riders!

dual-sporter, help me out, haven't been to Tahuya, but isn't Middle Waddell in Capitol State Forest? Why won't your quad won't fit down the trails at Tahuya? Will we have problems with the Raptor and Trailblazer? The wife and kids aren't too fond of the tight trails, ahh girls.

Old 05-09-2003, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

barapt iam riding in a spot in granite falls, called spada lake, i am meet up with like 7 other guys and we are making it a all day ride, it is all logging roads up there with two gravel pits. a place where you can really open it up!!! i can give you directions if needed sometime.
tayuya(sp) has a lot of tight trails, most quads will make on the trails unless you widened your quad! we had to carry my friends quad side ways over a bridge because his was to wide because he has biger a-arms. if someone doesnt like tight trails then it may not be a good idea, but it is a fun place to ride, i only went on the one trail and it was long and had alot of tight area's and that was back in october!
so if you go have fun!
later

Old 05-09-2003, 05:30 AM
Pro Rider

Yes, Middle waddell is the entrance on the estern side of the Capital Forest . You can access it by going through Little Rock. There is also a riding area off of the north end of the park that has a lot more logging trails and wider trails for the quads. My wife and I are going down there on Sunday to ride. Tahuya may still be pretty wet. Ive been over there two times and the 2nd time were tryed to take the quad loop and it was so wet, we had to turn back. Iwas down at Middle Waddell 3 weeks ago and was talking to a bunch of guys who had riden the Waddell trails and they said they didnt have oo much problem with them. Of course there werent too many people out there that particular day. I always ask alot of questions when I talk to people at the parks and one thing the 4 of them bragged about was the spectacular viewpoints that are available at the top of the hills. On a clear day they say you can see down to Mt Hood and Up to Mt Baker. Ive also talked to a new aquantance and he was telling me that up out of Greenwater, You can drive up to a snopark and then hit the trails and ride all the way over to Naches. Im looking forward to doing that ride. It seems to me that there are quite a few local riders here looking for places to ride. The places are there. Ive scouted out 5-6 riding areas and they all look like tons of fun. If anyone would like to hook up for riding on the weekends e-mail me and Ill give you an idea as to when we will be out. My wife and I are 40-somethings and go riding every chance we get. She on her Trailboss 330 and me on my 400EX.

Old 05-09-2003, 05:59 AM
Pro Rider

i made a mistake middle waddel is capital forest.... just like bighonda said, if your quad is wide, there are a number of points you'll get hung up.... it's tight in spots, and some aren't nice about it.... i.e. bridges. carrying a quad over a bridge sideways doen't sound like a ton of fun... interesting, but not fun... my new one is 51" wide stock 49" once i change the front wheels.

on the trail out of greenwater, i've heard of it... but you can't go all the way over to naches, to do so you have to cross a hiker only path: the crest trail... and i've heard rangers hang out up there to bust ya if you try.

Old 05-09-2003, 10:21 AM
Trailblazer

Hmmm, too wet at Tahuya? I don't mind wet unless it's above the intake, I think we'll still give it a try. Bighonda- is the riding at Spada Lake like the logging roads at Sultan? I used to ride at Sultan years ago, before the kids, but haven't ridden Spada Lake. Is it kid friendly? We've enjoyed Walker Valley so far but I'm getting tired of the same old trails. We went to Beverly two weeks ago, good time but there were a lot of crazy parking lot racers, makes me nervous having little girls, it's a dad thing. Anybody going to Moses on Memorial weekend, or the weekend after?

Old 05-10-2003, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

barapt..spada lake is just the other side of sultan. at sultan basin they have that huge parking lot and just as you enter the logging roads there is that gate that is always closed...well if you got past that gate then you can ride to granite falls but the gate is always closed... spada lake is not a bad place to take kids. there are lots of corners and as long as your kids stay on there side of the road then they will be ok...you know there are some crazy people out there that just haul down those roads and they dont slow down at the corners. if i had kids i would go there,
so how is walker valley? havent been there since last year, is it still a cool place to ride??
what entrance do you take?
later

Old 05-11-2003, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

Hey guys, If you ever get over on this side of the mountains look me up! We'll do some ridin!

Ragged

Old 05-12-2003, 02:49 AM
Pro Rider

i went to Pacific Raceways today to watch & check out the new track, there's a full report in the racing forum.
they even have a utility class if enough riders show.... come on out!

Old 05-12-2003, 09:57 AM
Trailblazer

We were at Tahuya yesterday for the first time. What a blast. Beats Walker Valley hands down. Bit of a drive and the Fairies get $86 for the round trip. But it was worth it.

Last I heard Walker Valley still has a lot of the trails closed. If you park on the lower section you can't get to the upper area unless you have a two wheeler. We always park at the Peter Burns Rd entrance, women + toilets = happy. I gotta get workin' on that bumper dumper so we can ride the upper area.

Ragged - A friend and I, and maybe others, will be at Moses Lake the weekend after Memorial Day. Junky Chevy motorhome, black trailer, blue Raptor, white Trailblazer. Stop by if you're there.

Old 05-12-2003, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

Hey BARapt, I may do that, we been talkin about it for quite a while. I have a 04 blue sportsman 02 scrambler 4x4 and a 02 red scrambler 90. Hope the weather is good.

Ragged

Quick Reply: attn. washington riders!