Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

attn. washington riders!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default attn. washington riders!

nwcutie,
Im glad you had fun at Rock Candy. We are going back down there on Monday the 26th. Then, the following weekend, we are going over to Moses Lake for a 2 day trip. There should be about 5-6 of us going to Moses. If you get over to either Rock Candy or Moses, look for a brown S10 pulling a crap load of quads. My son will also be there with a Big Red Dodge Ram.(cant miss it).

Old 05-19-2003, 06:22 PM
Trailblazer

What do you think the chances would be of getting a camping spot at Tahuya Memorial weekend if we got there on Thursday evening? Anybody know how many camp spots there are?

Old 05-29-2003, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

Nickli,

We decided on Moses Lake this weekend - will be heading over Friday afternoon. Are you still going with a big group? My son really is looking for a riding buddy.

Any particular area we should look for you at? We'll be in a beat brown 77 Chev Pick Up.

Old 05-31-2003, 04:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Over here in Yakima we have some decent rides that have opened up. The "Green Dot" trails are fun for me and my wife. We are new to the ATV scene and really enjoy it. Oak Creek has opened up and is a good run, (beware of logging trucks though) and you can get to Carmak Canyon wich has great views. Another run is up to Mud Lake (another green dot trail) which you can take up to the top of Cleman Mountain. The view up on top is great! I also attempted to get up to Darland Mountain, but hit snow at Snowy Cabin Campground (about 13 miles up from the trailhead). Well that is about the extent of my travels so far.
ANy other suggestions for rides around here would be great! This is a cool site!
Later,
P

Old 06-02-2003, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider

So, here we are my wife and my 2 sons, trying to catch our breathe after riding for a bit. We see this pickup truck go by a couple of times and we all said, damn, they were able to get 3 quads in there and all of them on the tires. Next thing I know, this truck turns around and comes back and asks if Im Nickli. Talk about suprised. Lol. Hey everybody, we really do need to develop a network of riders who want to either get together to explore different areas. Or to share places to ride. We just got into quading, this year, and I think we have been out at least 6-8 times checking various places out. Marcie and Bill and Michael. It was a pleasure to meet the 3 or you and we look forward to another outing soon.

Old 06-02-2003, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

Nickli. My Friend said I should join this forum, so here I am! It was great to meet you, your wife and boys out there in Moses Lake! Keep in touch and we (or I) may be able to hook-up with you again. and.... as I thought, loading those 3 quads for the last time on Sunday was the toughest! (3 times total), But it worked great. Catch up with ya soon!

Old 06-03-2003, 03:52 AM
Pro Rider

Bill,
When we got up Sunday morning, we drove down by Mardon and as you and your freind we crossing the dam, we were going the other direction. You were probably heading to ride. We drove down and checked out Beverly Dunes. The sand there is white, (no dust) I hope. But the riding area didnt look very big. Ill have to make a trip over there to ride just to see how big it is. UNLESS someone on here knows about the size of it. And my wife and I are thinking about going to Capital Forest this weekend. I think this time we might do the Middle Wadell side. Not sure if it will be Friday or Saturday. And of you others out there wanna hook up and ride down there, let me know.

Old 06-03-2003, 11:15 AM
Trailblazer

Nickli - I've heard allot of grumbling about Beverly Dunes and how they're not worth the drive. For adults I would agree, but if you have kids I'm sure they will enjoy it. My kids love the tracks next to the parking area. And the track that circles the entire area has a whoop section that is just too much fun. The dunes are only 300 acres and you'll see every square inch in no time.

Old 06-03-2003, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

Barapt,
Thanks for the information. I may just have to pass on going over there. At least until the weather on this side goes to pot and I need some sun.

Old 06-04-2003, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

Nickli.

I MIGHT be able to ride on Friday down in Capitol Forest (I'd be by myself)!
Let me know if you are going to make it, you have my number.

BILL

Quick Reply: attn. washington riders!