Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

attn. washington riders!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 10:36 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default attn. washington riders!

Ragged - Hope the weather is good? I thought the weather was always good at Moses. Gotta be better than W. Washington. Even if it's blowing and raining as long as it's above 60F I'll ride. Not so fun when it's 40F and you're getting hosed by rain. Anybody been to Juniper Sand Dunes in Pasco?

Old 05-14-2003, 03:00 AM
Pro Rider

Tahuya sounds good for the kids and I. I know I'll take 16 west from Tacoma. Directions? Riding friends for Sunday, May 17th? Barapt, would you and the wife like to meet up? Anyone else? Lets ride!!!

Old 05-14-2003, 10:17 AM
Trailblazer

Can't go, sorry. Check out this site for directions.
http://www.nmaoffroad.org/orvguide/orv3.html
I was trying to find a trails map online but couldn't. I wouldn't recommend riding without one. Easy to get lost, very big area, but there will always be other riders come along to tell you where you are and where you need to go. We took Hwy 300 and went in on Elfendahl Pass Rd and parked at Goat Trail ? staging area, it will be on your right. You can also enter on Tahuya Rd and take a right on Elfendahl Pass.

Old 05-15-2003, 06:29 AM
Pro Rider

My wife, myself and my oldest kid did the Rock Candy side of Capital Forest on Mothers Day. I think Im going to have to make about 5 trips down there to cover half the trails. We rode to the top of one of the loops and we could see for several miles in all directions. Ive riden Tahuya 2 times now, and I found ATV trails at Capital Forest that were as technical as any trail Ive seen. Severe switchbacks, no place to turn around or pull over, and if you got off the downhill side of the trail more than about 18 inches, you'd be rolling down a 150 foot hill. And the condition of these trails is excellent. The maintanence is the best Ive seen of any park Ive been to so far. All of the switchbacks were laid in some sort of brick which made them solid and provided excellent traction. Im planning a trip down on The Monday of memorial Day weekend. Its only a 40 min drive from the Federal Way area. Anyone interested, give me a hollar.

Old 05-15-2003, 06:31 AM
Pro Rider

Barapt, The only place I was able to get a Tahuya map at was right at the Effendahl staging area. But, they go quick so ya gotta be lucky. I have a really nice map that I bought for $2 for Capital Forest> Got it at the Little Rock Grocery Store on the way to the Middle Waddell lot.

Old 05-15-2003, 06:34 AM
Pro Rider

Dual Sport, I was talking to a freind of mine and he said that if you take the #70 road off of 410 just out of Greenwater and drive all teh way up to the sno-park, you can they hit the Naches Trail and take it all the way back down the other side to the Little Naches area. Im looking forward to checking that one out too.

Old 05-15-2003, 10:49 AM
Trailblazer

Nickli, I borrowed a map before I went from a friend. I was trying to find one online for nwcutie, no luck. I looked at the info boards at the campgrounds and staging areas but there weren't any.

Old 05-18-2003, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

Nikli,

Rock Candy Mountain sounds cool - we'll be there tomorrow - Brown 77 Chevy Pick Up, will have the Blaster, TRX 90 and the TTR 90. We don't know the trails, but we know the turn off for the staging area. If you're there, we'd like to hook up and ride with you and the wife.

Ride on!

Old 05-18-2003, 12:56 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Tahuya is just east of Belfair.
If you come Hwy 3 south, turn right after the Safeway (in Belfair) (great fuel/food stop), and follow signs to the left for Hwy 300.

A couple miles down 300, t/r on Belfair-Tahuya road.

A mile or so, then t/r on Effendahl pass road.

You will see a sign for the Effendahl Staging area. This is the main staging area. There is good camping at Spillman, Horsecamp? and a few other secluded spots, behind the main ones.

Any more ????? let me know.

If I had any time these days,,,,Id go up there this weekend.

Old 05-19-2003, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider

The kids and I went to Rock Candy Mountain yesterday and had a blast! It was kind of busy. We started off on the logging roads since my 11 year old is new to the sport and I'm a bit rusty. Then the kid was ready to tackle some trails. We got good and muddy (including the three year old riding in front of me) and had a great time.

It was interesting - my son has more confidence and is more willing to try tougher trails on his quad than he is on his two wheeler. But for right now, we are trying to build our skills so whatever works.

We are thinking of riding again 5/30 - 6/1. Who's going where? We are open to ideas between Winchester, OR and Moses Lake, WA. Let's ride!

Quick Reply: attn. washington riders!