Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Bad day at Hillsvile

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2000, 11:02 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We were riding in the woods doing laps up and down this hill. The hill was pretty easy. On about our third lap, I crested the hill and saw my buddy laying on the gound with my other buddy standing next to him. I thought he was joking around. We thought he was joking cause his 00 YZ 250 was leaning against a tree and he is a pretty good rider. I guess he looked back real quick, and when he turned his head back, a sapling hit the throttle and opened her up and jerked the bars out of his hands. He flew off the bike and into a tree and broke his left leg. We were in the middle of nowhere and couldnt get a truck back there. We sent the kid with the truck back to where we parked (about a 10 minute ride if you haul ***) to drive back and park closer to us. In the meantime, we made a splint out of twigs and tape (looked pretty funny). We waited and waited, and he never came back with the truck. So we sent another to find him. After about an hour he came back and told us that the kid we sent for the truck got it stuck in a mudhole, and couldnt get it out. So we put the guy with the broken leg on my Wolverine,(painful to watch and do) and drove to where the truck was stuck..about a mile away. There were about 10 guys helping to get the truck out.(Thanks to those of you who were there) After about another hour of pushing, jacking, and everything else we finally got the truck out. We loaded him up, and he went to the hospital after a total of about 2 1/2 hours. Man that whole deal was tough. I will post the pics of us and the makeshift splint when they are developed. He had a sense of humor about the whole thing.

Old 04-30-2000, 09:43 AM
Trailblazer

that happened to my buddy 2 yrs ago, we were getting ready to leave, headed back to the trucks when he decided to try one more hill. well he took off and not sure what happened but he got out of shape right before the hill and pinned it. he hits the hill and shoots like 20 feet in the air and the bike goes flat, we couldnt see what happened, just heard the thud. we got there and he shattered his ankle. we were on bikes wondering how we're going to get him out when this quad shows up, he rode him down the hill on to the road and this pickup stops to see what happened, he offered to ride him back to the truck so we threw his bike in the back and they took off, met them at the trucks and thanked him, wouldnt take money, and headedd to the hospital. he had shattered all the bones in his ankle, he still wont try that hill.

Old 04-30-2000, 12:19 PM
Trailblazer

That sucks. What time was you out there. I was out there from 6 till dark. Only seen a few quads but no timberwolfs. I was mostly on the track though. Sorry to hear bout your friend hope he gets better soon

Old 04-30-2000, 12:41 PM
Range Rover

We were out there from about 10am till 3:30. I was on a Wolverine with a Blaster, 300 EX and a YZ 250 and 125.