Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

so cal riders!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so cal riders!!!!

where do you all ride during the summer. we ride silverwood, pismo and we ride el mirage at night. we take about 20 or 30 people out at about 6pm and party and ride tell 5am. we rope off for the kids to ride. sometimes we even setup lights for the kids. but once they go to bed its on. its more like tag than riding. the funnest bikes are the smallest. so what do you all do?

Old 05-01-2003, 09:36 PM
Range Rover

whats up blaster, we ride gorman, pismo, beaumont during the summer. The weekend after labor day we are headed to pismo
and a little riding there.

Old 05-01-2003, 09:39 PM
Royalty Rider

We usually just ride Pismo...its close (about 1.5 hr). We'll probably be there for labor day also.

Old 05-01-2003, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

Capture the 185
to be played after dark with players heavily sedated(usually pain involved)
rider declares game on jumps on the three wheeler and begins circling camp before they make a bonsai pass through everyone past the fire(safe distance)...and well object is to run people down, of course they are trying to dethrone you and claim the ride for themselves...
Hours of fun
Lots of bruising in the morning

Old 05-02-2003, 01:12 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anywhere at high altitude: Pinnacles, Kennedy Meadows, Bishop, Mammoth.................and Pismo

Old 05-02-2003, 06:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

Pismo and Mexico for me. Some of my friends are really into Glamis full moon night rides during the summer so I might try that too.

Old 05-02-2003, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

Summer huh. Dumont is pretty good......Very few riders due to the heat! Plus during the week theres always a movie crew filming something out there. Bring plenty of water and something for shade.

I like to go to dishpan springs and watch the idiots tear up their trucks on the rocks. Ya'll should have seen the fool in a stock suburban try to go through the rocks just past the water crossing 2 years ago. His rear u-joint was spinning 5000rpm on the rocks untill it exploded. When they pulled it out his Pep Boys running boards got destroyed.

I like carnage!

Old 05-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

chris where is dishpan springs? is there water there all year round. always looking for new places to ride in summer. if theres water and its hot out you can always jump in to cool off. my plan is to ride every spot in the u.s. at least once in life. me and guardinangel are going to get a map and mark down everywhere we ride. so if you could give everywhere i would appreciate it. i'll be thirty this year and have only ridin about 20 spots. so i need to get started. thanks for any replies.

Old 05-05-2003, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

Dishpan springs is also called "The Deep creek crossing". Yes there is water there year round, Theres even a sign talking about fishing there but the largest fish I have seen there was about 2 inches long. This water eventully ends up as the Mojave River on my side of the mountain.

Find your way to Hwy 173. The town of Cedar Glenn is about 5 miles south of Arrowhead lake. Hook Creek road meets 173 at Cedar Glenn. Go east on hook Creek rd untill it leaves the houses and stuff, Continue untill it turns into dirt. You will come to a fork in the road that says Deep creek and I believe the # is 3n34. Follow that road and you will find the streem.

This trail is pretty tretcherous (sp) especially going up and bring a camera cause theres usually a rolled Jeep blocking the trail and plenty of guys trying to roll it back over.

Old 05-06-2003, 02:01 AM
Pro Rider

When they pulled it out his Pep Boys running boards got destroyed.
hehehe...too funny!

Last year we went up to St Anthony's in the middle of the summer. (check out my pics for a quick view) This year we are goin up to Oregon Dunes for our summer trip. Day trips are up to Silverwood/Arrowhead/Big Bear.

Kennedy Medows is awsome...but it needs to be a 4 day trip at least!

Anybody been up to Coral Pink? Thats another spot on my to-do list!!!

Quick Reply: so cal riders!!!!