Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Lacey/Waretown WARNING!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 12:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lacey/Waretown WARNING!!!!!

I just talked to one our friends on the Lacey township police force about the upcoming holiday weekend. He told me that both Lacey and Waretown will be out in full force. Lacey will have ten units patroling the entire area. They have written permission from three out of four land owners to write criminal tresspass summonses. This means you will be required to show up in court and it will go on your criminal record. The fines are much steeper and your atv/dirtbike will be impounded. I'm not sure the exact consiquences in a criminal tresspass charge but I know it's a much bigger hassle than just a warning or a regular ticket. I asked why we are being such a big target and he tells me it's because of all the people getting hurt and/or killed out there. So far there has been 4 helicopter rides already this season just in this area alone. Alot of the locals I talk to are not happy that thier favorite play areas are being taken away. They blame it all on out of town riders with no respect for the land or safety. So I don't think they will be very friendly if you run across one of them. If you do come out to ride be very carefull. Alot of the rednecks in the area carry guns in there trucks and I personally know a few that carry side arms while riding. I'm not trying to scare anyone. I'm just letting you know whats up in the area. I tattoo alot of these people so I have a good ear out for the info. So thats the latest whats up!

Ride with your head not above it!!!!

Old 05-11-2003, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lacey/Waretown WARNING!!!!!

Good Info Cron
I hear you alot of out of towner .My wife works a Jersey Shore medical and alot of the helicopers bring in these hurt people. I get all the details from her.
es they are ruining it for us locals
NJ should make I NJ resident riding permit for few hundered instead for rising taxes
PM where you are rding / I have few good spots