Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Looking for NW Iowa riders!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 11:35 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for NW Iowa riders!!

well im from IL i read ever tread that was hear and im glad to see how everyone comes together for the good of a cause. Also if the DNR are patroling the area maybe you should talk to the land owner about you guys patroling it yourselfs to me that would be in good face. But the one thing i really wanted to say was once they make it into a park hit me up because i don't care if it's a 10min drive or a 10hour drive i'll be the first one there to ride from IL

Old 06-27-2003, 05:33 AM
Trailblazer

God, I wish Nebraska would realize that Off-roaders generate income.....But for now I will gladly spend my dollar in Iowa!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2003, 02:09 PM
Trailblazer

Oldman Wheeler - Can you please tell us the status of the Fort Dodge OHV park. Is it open now or when will it be open?

Old 08-19-2003, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

We are still working out the land aqusation with the Gypsum Companies. Yes, there will be a park here and if things go good we hope to start putting up fence as soon as this coming spring. If I had to pick a time when I thought it would be open to the public I would say sometime late next year.

Old 08-19-2003, 03:34 PM
Trailblazer

I'm really looking forward to riding up there! Is this the same land where the 12 Hours of ATV Amreica race will be held?

Old 08-19-2003, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

It's across the river and even though they are both mined out gypsum land the area where the park will be is some of the best riding you'll ever see. I've taking some of the pro riders back there and they could believe it. The land will make a great park, especially if we get the entire 2000 plus acres.

Old 02-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

I ride the south woods and qaurrys all the time and no cops can catch me. I dont care what the self apointed park cops say I ride there for free anytime I want its better than paying to get into ride soem lame park just cuz some old man or some dum club thinks they can tell us what to do

Old 02-20-2006, 01:28 AM
Trailblazer

Here we are holding our breath for 3 years for this park to open.

.. And we got special people like Bob, who are making sure it will NEVER happen...

gotta love it.

Nick

Old 08-25-2006, 04:54 PM
Trailblazer

In some way I cant blame him. When every state around us to the North has some of the sweetest trails around, and with a growing population of ATV's being bought in IOWA, and all the state does for us is give us CRAPPY PARKS!! It really is pathetic that we pay exactly what snowmobilers pay for every two years and they get the run of the state weither they do it legally or not. An ATV in iowa even trys to go out in the ditch you'll have County and State cops breathing down your neck with all kinds of tickets.

So dont blame BOB!!! Blame IOWA!! The human will do what ever it takes to take care of it's self. Some just have bigger ***** the others!!!

Old 08-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Range Rover

Well the big fandingeled park is open. All 300 aceres of it. It opened in July after several months of hard work removing all the rocks tha make it fun to ride in. If it is half as lame as I hear it is I will be back to riding the woods as well. We will see for sure this fall sometime when i get time to head down there and check it out. I will give it a fair try but I am going into it with a negative attitude. They had been blabering abought 1500 aceres and woods and fun riding. What they wound up with is 300 aceres of flat parking lot style riding that any lame brain morron can ride. I may try and get my hands on a golf cart before I head down to try and put some chalange into it but i dought that will be enough. From what I have heard it is a "Off Road Park" that you cant truly off road at, and heaven forbid it should rain couse then they close it till its a big dust storm again. They say you cant leave the trails at all. What kind of OHV park is it when you cant even leave the trail to make it more fun. Everyone had just as well get rid of there ATVs and make it Golf Cart park. All the good ground that we used to ride is not even close to the park. They say to wate and maybee some day it will be expanded to include some of the wooded area but if the same idiouts are in charge of it they will doze it flat and remove all hazereds such as trees and hills and rocks and ruts so that any person who has never riden anything can go out there and not have to worry abought hiting anything or getting hurt. In the prosses it will wreck it for the rest of us. If they work at the same rate they did on this little parking lott style riding area I will be old and grey before anything comes of it. If you go to the IowaOHV.com site and read all the old posts on there you will see several people including myself all but begging for work days to volenter time and labor to the area but they refused to do so till the very end when they wanted people to go around removing all rocks from the park. Then they get mad when people complain and say that they never lifted a hand to help so not to complain. They said that they dident need help in the begining because they where to busy with the dozer leveling every hill and obsticale that could posible been any fun to play on. Ime done now. At least untill I get down there and find out for sure if all the talk is true or not. Yaa, like I said Ime going into it with a negative attitude.

Quick Reply: Looking for NW Iowa riders!!