Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Looking for NW Iowa riders!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 01:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for NW Iowa riders!!

Brandon, I live just down the road in Hull. Just got a raptor 660 and have a Kawi V-force. Looking for more places to ride around the area. let me know. thanks

Old 09-05-2006, 12:15 AM
Range Rover

dnkrm-The only local place to ride that is worth a hoot is Hudson. It is the gravel pit just north of town. They are curently digging it again so there are all kinds of new piles to climb. I was just out there this afternoon till it got bussy. The only probelm is that latter in the after noon it gets real bussy and is not much fun as you are always having to go slow to avoid an accident. There is a small unknown pit north of Little Rock as well but it is small and not much fun. I am always on the lookout for new pits that allow riding. I grew up 2 hours east of here and a lot of the times when i go home i ride at Britt. That pit is abought half a section and a good time. I have also ridden at the Algona pit several times but some dum poops tryed sueing the county for getting hurt out there so they closed it. To be perfectly honest I ride in Colorado more than around here because this area just sucks for riding. I try and take a couple trips a year out there and one to the Black Hills as well. Wisconsin is fun to but not near as many trails as S.D and Colorado.

Old 09-05-2006, 12:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yea, I need to get out to Hudson again. I have been there a few times and then I heard they were not allowing people in for a while, but everytime i go by I see people out there. Have you ever been to the Lake Oahe OHV area by Ft. pierre? I am trying to find someplace worth going to for a weekend trip. Don't want to drive more than a 3-4 hours. later

Old 09-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Range Rover

Nope never heard of that one. If you get any info on it pass it along. One other place i forgot abought is in Spencer. there is a local OHV club there that I used to be part of a few years ago but am not any more due to the meatings being on a week nite early. I had troubles getting to the meatings all the time. They have a decent area to ride on one of the main members farms that includes a fair amount of river bottome and a decent MX track designed for quads. I may rejoin some time so that I can start riding out there again. If you want more info on that let me know. As far as not riding at Hudson. I had heard that same thing after the fact. i talked to a local that knows the owner monday and he said that dont care anymore because when they tried to get everyone out they just kept going out there so he said to heck with it and let it stay open. The only reason he wanted it closed was because it was getting to busy for such a small area. i go early in ht eday and leave mid afternoon when most are showing up. There can be as many as 40-50 people ther buy late afternoon. Not fun for me so i just load up and go home. Monday When I got there at noon I was the 4th truck in the lot and when I left around 3:30 there where around 15-20 trucks with more showing up latter.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

The info on Lake Oahe is below. Looks like it could be a decent place but who knows! later

http://www.sdgfp.info/Parks/Recreation/OHV.htm#ride