Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Looking for NW Iowa riders!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 02:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for NW Iowa riders!!

Anyone close to Le Mars. Got some guys around here, few Grizzlys and few Prairie 650's.

We do alot of river riding and local mud holes.

Anyone interested in riding with us reply here!!

Old 05-12-2003, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

Hay grizz Im from Boyden and ride with a raptor from OC. WE should hook up some time and go riding. Natruly we arnet into real serious mud with the machines we ride but the guy on the raptor likes to try some times. We go to Fort Dodge a lot, more often than the wifes would like but oh well. He is going to the Black Hills this weekend but i was thinking of going with a few other freinds that I dont ride with as much. There are a few of us up in this corner that ride some ride bikes and the rest of us ride sport quads. You would like Fort Dodge its huge. Way bigger than you can come close to covering in one day. Its all hills timber and streams. The locals say its any where fron 2- 4 thousand acers. Let me know if you are interested.

Old 05-13-2003, 08:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi guys-

I'm from Newkirk---right between both of you.

Where is this place in Fort Dodge? Any information available on the web?

I went to the Black Hills in April for the opening turkey hunting and took my Sportsman 600. What a blast. We went places & over things you would't dare to attempt alone. It is amazing how brave you become when there is someone to bail you out.

Where do you ride along the river? I'm assuming you are talking about the Floyd. Is there somwhere you can park your truck and trailer and get on the trails without trespassing? Are you trespassing by being along the banks of the river? I ask because I had a farmer stop me the other day for riding in the ditch. He said I was running the grass he bales for his horses flat and asked me to not ride there any more. We both knew I had every right to be there, but I don't want to make enemies of my neighbors right off the bat.

Thanks for any info you have.

Old 05-14-2003, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

Ranschau, I have never come acros any info on the web abought it. It is all private and comercal property. The privat part is abought 1000 acers and the owner has no problems with people out there. The comercial land is old gypsem mines and stretches all the way to Corlvile 6+ miles to the south east. It is 100% timber and big hills. There is not one flat spot anywhere. The local atv club in Fort Dodge stands to get several thousand acers of ground donated to them buy the companies that own all the old mines. If the state passes a law, that is in the works, to protect the companies from libility if anyone gets hurt on donated ground, they will get it. I was hoping to go down there and ride this weekend but is looking like it will still be to mudy. If you ever want to go check it out PM me your number and i will call you next time we go. It will probobly be a few weeks if I dont go this weekend because i think Im going to go check out Bluff Creek riding are down buy Oskaloosa on Memorial day weekend.

Old 05-14-2003, 08:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi , I live in perry, we have some riding here. we have been wanting to go to ft.dodge to ride but was not sure if we could, not sure where to go. were going to bluff creek also on the 25th ( sunday ) can not make it saturday.

Old 05-15-2003, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

98 red. I most likely will not be able to go on sunday but i will see if the wife will let me out for the day. Im going to Bluff creek on sat the 24th for the first time. A freind of mine that i work with is origanoly from the Pella area and rides it every time he goes home. I am going to stay at my grand parents abought half way down friday night so its not so long of a drive. Its 5 1/2 hours from heare so id have to leave at 3 in the morning to get any riding in.

Old 05-23-2003, 11:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, I am from New Hampton and heard there was a riding area near Fort Dodge, is it true?
There is a group of us also heading to busey memorial weekend to check it out.

Old 05-23-2003, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

Keeno- There is all kinds of rideing in Fort Dodge. 98red and his boy met me in Fort Dodge last Sunday and we rode all day. Got lost a few times and had a real good time. When are you going to Bluff Creek. I will be there Sat. I will be leaving this afternoon and stoping half way to visit family then going on down tomorow morning. I will be driving a black dodge deisel and a yellow DS 650 and my freinds will be driving a maroon Sanoma and a YZ426F. If you want i can give you directions to Fort Dodge.

Old 05-25-2003, 11:50 AM
Trailblazer

Can anyone post directions to the riding area in Ft. Dodge area? We are from Omaha, but always looking for new places to ride. We wouldn't have a clue where to go, park, etc.???? We recentley found out about a riding area similar to what you describe near us in Logan north of Mo Valley, IA. Old gypsum mines provide excellent riding opps!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Old 05-29-2003, 06:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey DS 650,

We were at Bluff Creek on Sat and Sun. We had the white GMC jimmy with the yellow 400ex and 300 ex. My cousins were also there. One rides a 2000 banshee and the other rides a CR125. Another guy with us had a 250R Quad and a blaster. You weren't the one that had the jumper cables hooked up to the quad were u. I would also like directions to Fort Dodge. I have been wanting to ride there. Bluff Creek was awesome, but packed on Sat. You could hardly find a place to park. Sunday was nice, but very dusty.

Later
Keeno

Quick Reply: Looking for NW Iowa riders!!