Yamaha Side by Sides Talk about the durable Yamaha Sport and Utility

New Yamaha SxS

Old 08-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Yamaha SxS

Anyone get their hands on one of these yet? Been seriously considering one, but want to wait and see how they come out in the first run. Been burned a couple times before on first year models. Witness the first gen Raptor 660's. Yamaha made it right, but still I 'd rather not spend my time being an unpaid product tester. Mrs DB is talking like she is willing to let me spring for a new ATV with power steering for both of us, but I am really more inclined to look at the SxS because due to health reasons, I can't chance a blow to the chest any more. (Bypass)

I couldn't care less about how fast it isn't. Or how much air it can't get jumping. I want to know how the reliability works out, And how well it can perform real WORK around the place.

When I go for a ride with Mrs Dragginbutt, the last thing I want to do is to ask her to push me back to the truck while I steer. It kind of upsets the old Gal. Her reliability is in question too after 3 heart attacks. Not much of a GPS either, but that is another story....

Anyway, I am also waiting to see how many new bolt ons come out in the beginning. I want a full cab and a plow. I use mine in the winter to push and blow snow. So sealing a cab and having a heater/defroster is very important to me. It is supposed to be a whole lot warmer inside the cab than sitting on old reliable, my 04 Rubicon.

Now I am sure Yamaha has done a fine job engineering a swamp eating, trailer towing, plow pulling mountain goat, but all those toys need to be adapted to the new unit, and being an official AARP card carrying ol' codger now, and open heart surgery survivor, I am not real patient when it comes to waiting for these to develop over time.

So I am hoping someone out there can shed some light on the above before I find myself on the wrong side of the grass one day.