Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

why the RAPTOR will always be the king... IMO

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why the RAPTOR will always be the king... IMO

Northern Utah!! And I was in a hurry, I was trying to get a picture for my icon of my big bore kit on it...

NuG

Old 05-14-2003, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

lmao .. its so funny how you guys just keep going on and on about my quad this and my quad that

you all know your fighting for 2nd place right ..

the ds is king ..

long live the king

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
lmfao

Old 05-14-2003, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

Well i think i will step in the ring for the KFX 700 V-Force and say it can beat a raptor on the track, stock for stock of course. Ill also say that the KFX can beat a predator to.

Old 05-14-2003, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Raptorx44
How many kids do you have, Pro X Pred?
My wife and I have 4, 2 girls and 2 boys. They always bug me every time I take the quad out of the garage to take them for a ride around the yard!! Your gonna wait until he's 1? I hope you mean before you let him take it out! lol I took my last son for a ride on the quad when he was 6 months old. I was out by my dad and my wife had him in one of those chest holder things. I straped it on and went around the yard a few times. I've never seen him laugh so hard in my life!

Now back to this thread, which seemed to go crazy after I posted last. I hope I didn't have anything to do with that!! lol

The Raptor is a good bike, but I think Yamaha should have improved more than just the tranny in the last two years. Someone said that Polaris had 3 years to check out the Raptor and make improvements on it. This is not true, the Predator was first built 3 years ago, and Polaris chose to hold on to it and be sure that what they were doing this time was going to be correct. The talked with races and asked what they would like to see in a sport quad, and they LISTENED! That's why it has better a-arms, stronger axle, steel braided brake lines, better tires wider stance, and Polaris pulled the ponies out of that 500 that they could, not selling it under powered from factory. If you wanna believe that Polaris copied and then improved the Raptor, why didn't Yamaha them selves inprove it in the last 2 years? It just seems to me that some people don't think before they talk. Like someone saying 'port and polish, and cam and this and that to the Raptor then it will kill a Predator. Um, don't you think any mod that you could do to the Raptor could be done to the Predator? Like I said, sometimes people just don't think.
I'm not going to sit here and say that the Predator is better than the Raptor than the DS than the whatever. I'm happy with my choice of quads. Have I beaten a Raptor, yes I have. Does my quad handle better than a Raptor, yes it does, to me. My buddie would disagree with me, say his handles better. But he also wishs that Yamaha would improve the quad. I hope they don't do like they did with the Shee and just basically leave it alone for 10 or so years. That would be a shame.
Still, I think that the 660R is underpowered from factory. I've heard nothing but high praise about it after it was tuned up. Hopefully Yamaha will listen and improve it from the factory.

Just my 2 cents. Take care RAPTORX44, maybe some day we will get to ride together and have fun, instead of this kind of crap about who's is better! We should be happy, some people don't have anything to enjoy what we enjoy!

Old 05-14-2003, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh $hit here we go again.LOL Im back

Old 05-14-2003, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool hoping for a little girl in another year or 2, I logged off to drive home from work and this thread blew up!

Old 05-14-2003, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

you all know your fighting for 2nd place right .. he ds is king ..
Yeah I may have to agree with that, It is the 4 stroke king. I used to think I was fast until I raced AZ...

Old 05-14-2003, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

Um no.. I beat one or two ds's and that rappy I think bens a few times.

Old 05-14-2003, 09:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Come on now ct's a good kid and i have heard tails of rappy's that could beat me but at this point IM THE KING take my throne if you can !!! it's alway's up for grab's and tomorrow i may not be !![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

PS CT is very fast for a stock class rappy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-14-2003, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

the shee is the king of the dunes and the 250r the king of mx
2strokes are the way to go[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
...as for the new four strokes heres my take
rapptor - a lot of mod potential and a cool quad
predator - my experience with them is that they are unrealible but they do to pretty good for a 500 but don't offer as much mod potential as a rapptor
ds650 - a bit of a tank but can still me modded to fly.
400ex - a little out dated but still handles well and has good suspension.
z400 - probably the best overall 4stroke but not as much power

but to say the raptor will always be the king i disagree because they will come out with with new technology that will be better. just look at the 400ex it was considered the king of the 4strokes five years agom but not now....

thats' just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: why the RAPTOR will always be the king... IMO