Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

why the RAPTOR will always be the king... IMO

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why the RAPTOR will always be the king... IMO

Yamaha built the Rappy to replace the Banshee, it's obvious. Same stock HP (both kinda gutless), bolt on's add HELLA power(both about 10 HP), if you build the engine they still make almost the same HP ('round 60), they are the 2 fastest bikes made and about the same speed. The Raptor is an "up to date" Banshee because of the 2 stroke ban. The new 450 isn't gonna be the banshee replacement cause the Raptor is, the 450 is gonna replace the Warrior and I bet they will replace the blaster with a smaller 4 stroke. JMO.

Old 05-14-2003, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

Guys, cant we all just get along?

Old 05-14-2003, 10:18 PM

Originally posted by: predator530
booohooohooo i feel sorry for you the only way you could get a craptor to outrun a predator was to bore it out and put a higher compression piston in it stock for stock they run dead even and the craptor has more than a 160cc over the pred whats bad and i do meen really bad is that a 530cc will smoke a 686 craptor and still has less cc's 186 less to be exact so keep on talking your bullsh!t we all know better
Yes but if you put a pipe, K&N, and jet kit in both the raptor and the predator, it wont be close anymore. THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT

Patrick

Old 05-14-2003, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

i never heard of any problems with the a arms...but thats just me.

My friend has a predator and i beat it....by about 2 quad lengths. I probably coulda gotten a little more out but i didnt feel threatened.

The narrow stance is a good thing. For trails anyway.

the 660 is detuned. But it does give it more reliability and less wear.

maybe what polaris did to get the equivalent power of the raptor on their quad, yamaha will do to the raptor to get the proportional amount of power as the predator. i could care less. I sleep fine at night knowing no matter what any of my friends do to their bikes, my raptor always has the potential to win. its like all those kids with those honda civic's that are tuned up...yeah some of them are nice. But we all know their engines will $hit their pants if they ever come to the line against a done up chevelle. Its just a matter of potential. A 4 cylinder just isnt capable of putting out the same power as something twice its size.

and whoever said polaris was the first sport bike with reverse? how you figure that? The predator doesnt have reverse. The warrior goes back to the 80's. All other polaris's dont count cept for maybe the scrambler. Polaris's are for people that use their quads for transportation. Not real riders. My friend had a trailblazer and he got a predator for xmas. I still dont think he ever got all four tires off the ground. AND!!!!!, the predator has some problems too. And dont be surprised when that predator tranny craps out because under loads it cant handle it. Even the magazine articles were alittle worried, and you know they never say anything bad about the latest hype. happy riding, RAPTOR FOREVER

Old 05-14-2003, 10:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I said polaris built the frist reverse sport quad do your math the 400 scrambler 500 scrambler !! and thats that !!

Old 05-14-2003, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

the scrambler is a borderline sport quad...but fine ill give ya that.

Old 05-14-2003, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

not to mention the annoying height the shift lever on the predator is. and...its kinda ugly. Its so obvious they tried to copy the raptor. but they overdid it so much. Even the Z's look better. and my friend that has a predator that rides like a grandma...he already busted his rear shock. Hows that for polaris quality.

Old 05-14-2003, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

take bolt out of lever pull lever off move downwards one notch and put ti back on voila your done

Old 05-15-2003, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

go back to the Polaris $hithole!!

Old 05-15-2003, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

nah, even when u adjust it its still weird. You need an offset one but i dont know if they made one yet.

Quick Reply: why the RAPTOR will always be the king... IMO