Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

why the RAPTOR will always be the king... IMO

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why the RAPTOR will always be the king... IMO

Originally posted by: warrior86
not to mention the annoying height the shift lever on the predator is. and...its kinda ugly. Its so obvious they tried to copy the raptor. but they overdid it so much. Even the Z's look better. and my friend that has a predator that rides like a grandma...he already busted his rear shock. Hows that for polaris quality.
It looks nothing like a Raptor. What are you talking about 'copy the raptor'?? I see nothing simular. Some people don't like the plastic not connecting on the gas tank, but it hasn't bothered me one bit. I just don't understand the Polaris bashing. I've never understood that. There are good points and bad points to every manufacturer of every quad out there. Polaris FINALLY produced a true sport bike. Personally I think that's great. I also thought it was great when Can came out with a quad. They just went a little to crazy and couldn't make it. Hell, even Bom's rec devision is up for sale, and I think the DS is a great quad for what it's used for too.
If some people can't handle that there is a Polaris right behind, next to, or passing them, they need to grow up and realize that times are a changin! Tomorrow someone will bring out a quad that smokes the Predator. I love my quad and 2 years ago I loved my Scrambler.

Old 05-15-2003, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

Raptor is in no way the king. MAYBE they king of fourstrokes. But I would put my money on the Bombardier.

Old 05-15-2003, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

after only a few months when the craptor was born about 99.99% was already in the shop.so here it is 8 months since the predator came out and still no problems i think that i will stick with the predator

Old 05-15-2003, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

oh who beat the raptor in the dirt wheels shoot out last year? dont know you say the z400 did well can you tell me what beat the z400 in this years shoot out plus the craptor?predator did

Old 05-15-2003, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

um no offence but around here we don't take the dw tests with much seriousness they just always pick what is new. just my 2cents

Old 05-15-2003, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

what about the great eight shootout in atv action they picked the ole predator too

Old 05-15-2003, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

I talked to several quad dealers and they say RAPPY sales are falling fast compared to other years. You ask why is that? RAPPY is dated, no big changes in several years. So what there saying is KAWI- BOMB-SUKI have new quads out that people want more then the dated RAPPY. YAMAHA does the same thing with there sleds, waits to long to come out with new models while the comp goes by by.

Old 05-15-2003, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

yes they did and i'm sure its a good quad. but in my indurance ice racing in just the 6hs. in 1 race we started with like 5 predators and ended with like 1 still racing actually beat a couple of them since i ran the whole race. One of them the whole front collapsed. So i'm sure there fast, well suspended and everything but i'm not sure in my viewpoint if they've proven there reliabililty yet.

Old 05-15-2003, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

yamaha may be slow in the sled industry but in quads i would dissagree. They are the only ones that actually kept there high performance model through the 90s. Yamaha then set the bar again for 4strokes with the raptor. With the new quads the rap is beat in some catagories like handling and suspension. However it has the highest mod potential for a 4stroke imo. Now yamaha will come out with a new 450 that i would assume will be better then the z400. And if you think yamaha is slow coming out with new stuff look at honda.

Old 05-15-2003, 01:13 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The sport quad too dethrone is the Raptor...at this point. It's a great quad that can do it all....and you don't have too lean on the engine a lot or rev the pi$$ outta it too get some action....it's a tight package. The Predator does'nt look like the Raptor....although I think is looks at least as nice.....but the downfalls are weak low end power delivery and a heavy front end from what I hear from owners (I have never rode one yet).
By the way...if you have read this entire thread, you have lost at least 10 IQ points.

Quick Reply: why the RAPTOR will always be the king... IMO