Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

wolverine vs. raptor in tight woods

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 09:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wolverine vs. raptor in tight woods

I want to buy a new bike a I want 4x4. But my buddy has a raptor and I eanted to know if a Wolverine will keep up with a raptor in tight woods. How will they compare in mud.

Old 05-17-2003, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

Hell No, the wolverine could never hold up to the raptor, just get the raptor you will be happy and not disappointed, I also take mine mud digging all of the time, it does great... Any more questions just ask me or pm me!!

NuG

Old 05-17-2003, 10:04 PM
Trailblazer

THANX

Old 05-17-2003, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

yah no the wolverine isn't going to be close it has half the engine and twice the weight ok maby not twice but its heavier.

Old 05-17-2003, 11:19 PM
Range Rover

Been there done That. If the trails are as tight as nuns #$%@ it will but what wont. It cant wont and never will be able too. In the mud it would blow it away, as soon as it gets back to the trails bye bye!!

Old 05-18-2003, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

Depends on your definition of tight. If the raptor never gets to open up, the power wont help it much. Everytime he hits a straight though he will pull away if he gets on the throttle. As for mud..... bring a tow rope so you can pull the raptor out. Another thing to remember though, not everyone rides at 100% throttle all the time, its kinda like asking if a honda civic can keep up with a vette. It sure can if they arent racing.

Old 05-19-2003, 11:05 AM
Range Rover

I am a former wolvy owner turned Raptor owner and let me tell you there aint no way the wolvy is gonna keep up with a Raptor unless your going through mud holes. I'm not saying the wolvy is bad but the Raptor is lighter, faster, and handles better.

Old 05-19-2003, 11:28 AM
Trailblazer

I have a Wolverine and have been on the trail with much faster bikes and have never been left too far behind. If you need a 4x4 it is a great ride and with the Warn 424 Select it can be more sporty as well. You aren't going to pass anyone with a Raptor but it's definitely nimble enough to fly down tight trails.

Old 05-19-2003, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

I disagre here Ladies and Gents, He didnt say fire roads, he didnt say dunes, he didnt say he wants a raptor. He said he wants a 4x4 and wondered if the wolverine will keep up in tight woods, yes it will. Sure the raptor is faster and lighter but tight woods is about ***** and skill. I have my wolverine and I have never been left behind in tight woods, not once by anybody on a wide variety of competitors and trust me they knew what they were doing. Granted when you get into an open space or big trails you might get dusted by in tight woods, like hardcore trails he wont be able to get away no matter how hard he tries. He also has less ground clearence so he has to watch out for rocks. If you get one a few mods can really light up the engine too. I have the 424 select FMF Megamax and K&N filter among other mods and I noticed a real difference, It's not going to be a raptor but in the woods top speed doesnt matter. Anybody who disagrees with me, your wrong :-)

Old 05-19-2003, 01:12 PM
Range Rover

OK wolvy faithful. You win but I guarantee you will take more of a beating by the end of the day than I will!

Quick Reply: wolverine vs. raptor in tight woods