Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Single Carb set up for Banshee question

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 07:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single Carb set up for Banshee question

How well does it work, and will it help with bottom end hesitation. My bro has a banshee with alot of work done to it. with Toomey pipe kit, V force reeds, boost bottle, Toomey jets and filter. Any answers would be appreciated.

Old 05-19-2003, 11:09 AM
Trailblazer

I have a non ported 2000 banshee with the trinity 33mm 2 into 1 kit with the airbox adaptor. I love this setup, it is awesome for the woods!! I have a 2 into 1 dyno port pipe which also adds low end. My banshee still has plenty of top end, but probably not as much as your brother's does with that Toomey pipe. You've got a pipe meant to bring out the top end and you want a carb setup to bring out the bottom end. If you want a top end bike for drags I would not get a cv carb. If you carb will give you more bottom end and the pipe will still keep your top end you're in business! If you're setting it up for woods riding, there are other things that will help with top and bottom like boosting compression by having the head milled. Or, you can go down a tooth on the front sproket to lower the gearing when you want to ride woods. Maybe Toomey would have some advice on how their pipe reacts to a cv carb setup. Hope this has helped!

Bruce 403
Twin cylinders - double your fun
2004 V Force
2002 Prarie 650
2000 Banshee

Old 05-19-2003, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

Bruice, good post.

I was looking into getting the 2-1 carb deal, saw one on ebay w/carb for $100 yesterday but hesitated, its gone now. Anyways how does your machine run overall? Start up and idle fine? Bog or hesitate at all?
Right now my banshee is running like a CHARM, idles perfect, runs perfect, starts first kick always.

Just kind of curious.. I need to do something to my banshee, need more low-end power for trail bogging it but I also need about 20mph more on the top end as I do alot of road riding. 50 feet down the road and I'm in 6th WOT, need to go faster! Even on the trails I'm usually in 4th or 5th boggin when I should be in 2nd or 3rd gear.

Was thinking about getting a larger front sproket for the extra speed but its already a 14 tooth I believe? Probally better off going smaller on the rear eh??

Low end grunt would be nice but I'd rather have the extra speed, I can always downshift but I can only upshift so many times [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-19-2003, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

you can gear up in the front as much as you like and the front sprokets are a lot cheaper then the back. i would change the gearing first in the front and if you need more fine tunning change the back.