Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Dugan's vs. Zombies

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 02:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dugan's vs. Zombies

Dugan told me at snake hunt that he was a 12-1 686 with a web cam on alky. He said the local shop in his town did the porting (winthrost ??) He runs stock carbs. He talked to Craycraft about getting FCR's but had not yet. He called me last week and said he had installed the new 685 cam and was running real close to the yellow DSmike quad, winning some and losing some along with kyle. At snake hunt we were trading wins back and forth but i feel he has a little more top end than i do. Some claim he runs nittro, i don't know, nor care. I do know that if you are winning or running neck and neck he will go make a 5 minute "gearing" change. He looks like he weighs 175 pounds.

Old 06-05-2003, 02:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Cool liquid GEARS i like the man!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

For the nittro guys?? How much boost does 10, 15, 20 percent give you?? Is that for alky only?? Can you mix it with race fuel with a additive?

Rooster ran something a few years back (coolinol??) and did not survive the day. On gas

Old 06-05-2003, 02:39 PM
Trailblazer

Klotz makes and additive called "nitro". Its part "coolinol" and part nitropropane. It calls for 4oz. to the gallon I think and suggests going up a few jet sizes on fours strokes. I know a few people who run it and swear buy it.

Old 06-05-2003, 02:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mark,

I know you have since installed the same cam as Dugan,and plan on running ALky sometime(maybe) you two have alway ran real close. He has picked up quite a few bike lenghts since Snake Hunt, so I would imagine you have to. I hear if done right Nitro will give you 3-4 quad lenghts, that must be true cause that is how much dugan picked up when he did his "gearing" change! LOL. without it, he was behind about 3 quad lenghts.

I think it is easier to run Nitro on a Alky bike simply becuase Nitro requiers the engine to be way rich, then the nitro is put in, and adds ALOT of air to the mix, thus the extra power. You can run a quad RICH on alky and still run very strong,but on GAS your topend will suffer cuase,well your jetting is off.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I have no clue what mix% is a good percentage, but i'm sure Dugan,or AZsand can tell us![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I htink 10% is a starting piont.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 06-05-2003, 02:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Coolinol and nittro are 2 different animals?? Coolinol for gas, nittro for alky?? Raptorrdertx has been know to empty the jug in his alky 686. It does give him a huge gain on the strip.

It has taken some of the alky guys a long time to get dialed in with consistenscy .

Old 06-05-2003, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

14mins you need to mix 50% nittro[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] (shhh guys im trying to get rid of more competition for the nationals) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2003, 02:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Rooster- There will be no additives in my fuel. Not worth the gambel of BOOM

Biggerisbetter- you better guard those dual 39's. The rooster is hungry for a set.

Old 06-05-2003, 03:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL!

I know! he is got the money ready, but cant seem to find any(poor guy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]) LMAO.

If dsmike doesnt get the black bike up and running, " I " will be running with the dual carbs,and laying the smack down with them! LOL. Sorry Dusty.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter.

Old 06-05-2003, 03:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I wonder if DSmike needs some help working on the black bike. I'll help if he brings it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

14mins, 8% nitro equals an 8%hp gain, with alky. Supposedly the nitro and race fuel are not stabile together. I have heard that some people do run it that way though.

Quick Reply: Dugan's vs. Zombies