Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Lower..... how does it feel baby?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 06:20 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lower..... how does it feel baby?

I need some real help in trying to lower my raptor. I ride with custom ground-up built race-quads, running YZ450 engines in Laeger frames, and tricked out 250Rs, and i need some help with squatting my raptor down a little more. I'm already as wide as i need be, but i was thinking... what could lower my center of gravity. I know Raptors are top heavy, blah, blah, but i did see a thread on a subframe at least helping to lower your riding position and such [anyone know about those?]. But, is there a way to lower my stance, custom bracketing maybe? Ill take any suggestions, specific manufacturers would be nice also. Thanks guys.

Old 06-09-2003, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

I have the durablue kit and modified it, but some people talk bad about it, There is also a kit always on ebay for the front. I dont know if i would use it for mx though. I drag race and love it. nullpics

Old 06-09-2003, 06:41 PM
Range Rover

so is the durablue kit for the rear? and how did you modify it? [pic links wont go through]

PS-thanks for the quick reply dude, im trying to make a purchase within the next couple of days.

Old 06-09-2003, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

I have heard nothing but good news from Durablue Products... They are very reliable, I just ordered the 2+2 Eliminator axle and hopefully it will be here this afternoon, my friend has the lowering kit on his raptor and it looks tite as hell and feels great while riding... Hope that helps a little!!

~NuG~

Old 06-09-2003, 06:50 PM
Range Rover

Is the Durablue kit for the rear suspension or what? and also, about how far does it lower the bike?

Old 06-09-2003, 06:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

The pics do work. Click on pics not null. Check out www.durablue.com. They do have a rear kit too.

Old 06-09-2003, 07:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

What kind of racing are you doing?

Old 06-09-2003, 08:12 PM
Range Rover

Motocross, im trying to make it work, lol. I know the raptor isnt the best MXer of the bunch, but ive got it fairly comfortable on a MX track. I also live on an 800 acre farm here in North Carolina where ill be riding some trails too.

Oh, btw, that lowering kit looks like the kits for flat track/ice racing, way too low, maybe sumthin in between that and stock...

Old 06-09-2003, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

What kind of shocks do you have??YOu need shocks that have a zero preload system which wood lower it a couple inchs

Old 06-09-2003, 09:05 PM
Range Rover

Im getting Elka Full-Race front shocks w/ piggybacks and Elka Dual rate rear shock w/ remote rezzie, i dont know about this Zero Preload stuff. Im thinking im gonna stick with these Elkas, its what i've planned on. I might have to just fabricate my own brackets if noone makes them.

Quick Reply: Lower..... how does it feel baby?