Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Watch your back Sparks! Your day's are at an end!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Watch your back Sparks! Your day's are at an end!

I'm am not mad at anybody or trying to start a fight or anything. If you can find a track that will meet your rules then you have really done something because in the real world of drag racing atv's the big boy classes are run what you bring as long as you are within there cc limit; this is not nacsar. If you are looking to find the same type rules in atv racing then maybe you should stop because it will not happen. Your bike might make more HP than the Raptor; i dont know but if you are wanting to win races my advise is to start stripping down or what ever else you need to do to make up for the weight difference and quit complaining about another bike and rider being lighter cause the rules are not changing. So you have a choice; strip down and whatever else it takes to win or stay on the sidelines and watch. Thats the way it is. By the way; if someone tries to fight me and they weigh 100lbs. more than me I will do what ever it takes to avoid the fight and if I cant avoid it then they get what they ask for. If they are the same or close to the same size we can go toe to toe but here in the real world there is no such thing as a fair fight anymore; so do what you will. Slim

Old 06-19-2003, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Slim were cool. I guess my point is I just want to end the bickering over what bike is faster stock than the other. The Raptor has an unfair advantage over the DS because of weight and the Raptor also has more cc's than the DS. Yet for some reason a stock DS will take a Raptor 8 out of 10 times. I just want the Raptor boy's to fess up![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Basically I am trying to say is that German technology is better than Japanese! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] LOL. And as we all know it boils down to has the most cash. As a matter of fact I am thinking about hitting up Marbleous for some R & D money to have my buddy at Skunk works build me a Chassis out of X-15 material![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just Kidding!! Besides I am Sicilian, I am a lover not a fighter. LOL

Old 06-19-2003, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ernie660R
Dude ain't much cylinder wall there!! I hope you are wearing armer plating around your calves when that thing goes!!! Also Sparks has nothing to prove to anyone!!
720 is not that big, Team PAMI has an 833cc kit for the DS...

Old 06-19-2003, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

Thats cool just a little friendly debate going on. Everyone seems to have different opinions and results of which is the faster of the two and from my experience stock for stock my Raptor was faster. I'm not saying this is the way it is with all Raptors and DS's that was just my experience so please nobody take it personal. It will probably never be settled of which is faster but it is all in fun as far as i'm concerned. Enjoy what you ride and ride what you enjoy. The subject has been interesting and I hope nobody takes it that I was putting any other make bike or any other forum member down; this was just a friendly debate. Thanks Slim

Old 06-19-2003, 01:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

'yoshraptor' if punisher thinks my DS is of decent HP because hes ran with me many times, i wouldnt say he talks smack on the street like you insinuated, I can agree with you guys about alky and the lightening of the bikes which i practice these power increasers myself.... the punisher does have a valid point when it comes to rider weight and displacement, but i have a light weight rider also...yoshraptor, i think you could have chose better words than talking smack, we would like to meet you, you seem like a nice guy, are you going to be at PIZMO any time soon your at least lucky enough to live so close to ocean side dunes, we will be out there the weekend before july 4, if you would like to do some flat drags with us we always welcome all quads... have a good one!

Old 06-19-2003, 02:01 AM
Pro Rider

Craycraft will also be in attendance that weekend..lets ride.

did someone say sparks...

Old 06-19-2003, 02:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol your calling out an open class bike to race your stock weighted bike? Thats some of the stupidest stuff ive ever heard. Your complaining because he runs lightened gear, with a flyweight rider? Please....again, its an open class bike, run what ya brung. If you were to both go to a drag strip you'd both be in the open 4-stroke class, so deal with it. If you dont want to run a light bike, or cant afford it for that matter then you better build a stronger motor...sheesh. On top of that, your saying "lets see who the better builder is", shouldnt you run the exact same motor/cam/ect to see who the better builder is?

Old 06-19-2003, 03:28 AM
Pro Rider

ANNIHILATER
I'm sorry if you're offended at my choice of words, I am not politcally correct. Nor am I the one talking of a persons street fighting techniques or coming on here making challenges with my chest stuck out. I do not doubt that your DS hauls ***. I don't plan on Pismo, but I can be found at Glamis when it cools off and I'd be glad to meet you guys. My Raptor has a pipe and jet kit, you can drag race me or my son and beat us up a hill all day long, I prefer duning and trail riding with some jumping mixed in. I watch the drag quads, I respect the hill shooter bikes they are in a class of thier own. Thanks for thinking of me as a nice guy, I haven't seen anything on this board worth throwing a blow over ever. I like all makes of bikes and try watch and learn from them all. Hope to see you guys in the dunes....

Old 06-19-2003, 03:40 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2001raptor2001
will you go to pismo for the 4th of july punisher????
you talk pretty good, but sparks built bikes are faster than most peoples mouths.
i will most likely be at pismo that weekend to try out my new carbs. i would love to run against some other fast fourstrokes.
Tony, You need to run this guy. This is the famed "Raptor Boy" from DS days that has one wicked fast Rappy if you remember that ran time and time again against Jeff. He was also there when jeff put on the midnight air show!! Still one of the coolest raptor owners i have ever met. I think if you guys could beat him soundly then you'll stand a chance against sparks( I am not sure how they compare now but i know how he said he did before), if not, need not go any farther with this. But I have to agree with the rappy guys on this, it should be run what you brung when talking open class bikes, just get a light rider like they have, take some crap off the bike, and the race is on!!