Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I am SO ANGRY, take a look at this yamaha blaster B.S.!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 02:14 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am SO ANGRY, take a look at this yamaha blaster B.S.!!!!!

Thats a terrible story. I hate dealers who act high and mighty and treat people like this. I think I will start a thread about dealers to avoid and why. I've also been treated horribly too.

Old 06-21-2003, 02:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would call Yamaha first thing in the morning, and ask them if they ever even talked to that dealership about your problem.

Chances are they never even called the warantee in, and lied to you outright. If this is the case, Yamaha might revoke their right to sell Yamaha bikes!

Most of all, be cool. If you're a dick on the phone with Yamaha they won't work with you.

Work it. Talk like you know what the heck you're talking about! Don't let anyone think you're a rookie. If you have to, stay up all night reading all the forums if you have to. Be an expert. It's like playing poker, they bluffed you, now it's your turn to bluff them back! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2003, 04:40 AM
Pro Rider

I'd cruise on down there mid afterrnoon with my trusty digital camera and take pictures of these suspect parts. ALL of them. THEY are required to show them to you, since until Yamaha pays the claim, they BELONG to you. Be polite, but firm. And if you have a riding style problem, dont expect em to help you again hehe!
But ya know, if it looks like it ands smells like it, do you really need to step in it to confirm it? Bone up on yer owners manual too! It's under the seat, in cas e a question of responsibility comes up. It is all explained in there.
I have heard of VERY FEW problems on blaster trannies. some, but few.

Old 06-21-2003, 09:35 AM
Trailblazer

Cliff's is a rip off. Take it to Burcham's in Colonial Heights. Cliff's charged my nephew $53.00 to change the oil and oil filter on his Raptor. We will never use them again.

Old 06-21-2003, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

Keep us posted man.

Old 06-21-2003, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

hey all.
i read all your replys, keep it coming if you want to continue. I've taken in all the b.s. posibilities that could have happened and i know it IS NOT ME ! i mean, you all know it's frickin impossible to wear out a set of brakes and destrory a transmission in under 3 weeks. with about 30 hours on it. like someone said, even if you wanted to do that, is it even physically possible? no, hardly. i talked to a REAL mechanic today, he knows everything about thes things. i mean everything, he's been doing it all his life. and he's not part of a business, he's just a master mechanic. and he's best friends with my folks, so i know he's real honest. i talked to him about it and he practically agreed with all of you. a bunch of drunken monkeys put my quad together, and he thinks that maybe the brake calibers aren't put on right. this would cause my brakes to rub completely off and my tranmsission to go. it could be a number of things along with my dealerhsip isn't be to "costumer friendly" which i beleive whole heartedley. but see it's the weekend and they are closed now, and i can't call them back to explain my predicatment until monday. this means that the parts are already on their way and I'm going to have to pay for them anyway, unless i can get them convinced that it's a piece of S*** and they put it together wrong. I'm going to get my mechanic friend to call up their and put on his mean face. even he said it's impossible to screw a bike like that in such short time. he's going to call them and give them the lowdown, and lay it on the line to them. and tell them they need to stop feeding us B.S. if they dont like it, they can suck a lemon. and I'll just never do business with them again. I'm going to request all my parts to be put in boxes and handed to me when i get there. i'm still pissed ! if you guys could hang on for a few more days or so, and I'll have some real information on what they say in return to what I'm about to feed them. I'm hoping to pay a visit on monday with my mechanic friend...heh heh ( evil laugh) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2003, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

crispy, when you rode your blaster, when you let off the throttle, did it coast easy, or stop pretty quickly?

Old 06-21-2003, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

i know what you're getting at, but i dont usually do a lot of coasting. I'm usually applying the brakes and downshifting. but i think it coasted pretty good, it wouldn't halt or stop unusually quickly. when it was off and in nuetral it would roll pretty well i know that much. if this is pertaining to the brakes

Old 06-22-2003, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

It sounds to me that someone tried to steel it, and when they found out the key was missing, they jumped up and down on the shifter, bent the fork and screwed a gear up.If i were you i would snag my blaster back and do some investigating my self on it or have an atv mechanic of somewhere else look at it and tell you whats wrong. They are less likely to lie to you if you tell you that you are getting yamaha to fix it with their money.

Old 06-22-2003, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider

Crispy. print everybodys post out and use it as avedence when you go to your dealer and if they wont give you a new quad tell them to #uck of and sell your blaster in parts youll probably get more $[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: I am SO ANGRY, take a look at this yamaha blaster B.S.!!!!!