Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I am SO ANGRY, take a look at this yamaha blaster B.S.!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am SO ANGRY, take a look at this yamaha blaster B.S.!!!!!

It doesnt matter if the dealer already ordered parts for your bike.......

YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY FOR IT! Tell them that you are taking it to another dealer for a second oppenion. You have that right. It doesnt matter if they took your bike apart either, tell them to put it back together (with the broken parts) and that you are STILL going to take it to the other dealership.

Again, call YAMAHA direct at their service number. You can find the 1-800 number here on the forums, just do a search for it. I have posted it in the past but am in the prossess of moving, so everything is in boxes or i would just give it to you.

You have been told of a good dealership twice on here and yet you want to play games with the dealer that is screwing you?????!!!!!?????? Don't give them the chance to make it worse for you. Call Yamaha first, then go get your bike and take it to the other dealer.

If it is a lemon, the other dealership will verify that and let Yamaha know.....after they do that, then you take it back to the dealer that you got it from and tell them to call Yamaha cause they keep it in the computer every time that you have a problem with your bike. Make sure to ask for the refference number from Yamaha so that when they call, they can pull it up.

Good luck....

PS: If you let them screw you, you deserve it.

Jonathan

Old 06-23-2003, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider

PV has a good idea. show them these responses and let them know that there are 33,000 members on this forum alone, and news travels fast!

I've told several friends, and i'm on the opposite coast!

Old 06-23-2003, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

Its obvious the dealership is trying to srew you and take advantage of you. The problem with your transmission might not even be the gears. it sounds as if your shift star may have come loose or broke. I have seen this with several Blasters. The shift star srew will come loose and if you dont catch it in time it can cause your bike to start shifting rough and will eventually not even go in gear. What the could be doing is charging you labor to fix a transmission that may not even be broke and pocketing the money. I've seen this done before and I wouldnt pay a dime. If you get the chance go to the dealership and demand to see your bike tore down and see the broken transmission. They cant deny you the right to look at your on bike; its yours broken trans. or not. You can put the breaks on the bike with no problem its simple. If you make enough noise they will fix it. Dont let them push you around with BS; go in there like you are in charge and dont back down for nothing. Its up to you. Good Luck Slim

Old 06-23-2003, 09:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Hey Electricshift.....is Blueleader your hero or something?

Old 06-23-2003, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

alright here's the news...
i called my dealership and TRIED DESPERATELY to talk to them, and discuss the possible flaws or reason's why my blaster screwed up. They got downright arrogant, as soon as they figured out i might be on to them they frickin went off on me, and i couldn't do a damn thing. I even tried to get a few words in but all they could say was " oh you're so lucky we got yamaha to fix the tranny, or else you would be lookin at a big bill." and "oh we've had guys working on these things for years and they know what they are talking about" " and it IS POSSIBLE for you to wear down the breaks, blah blah blah" I said " well what about those guys that race those things, i know they are way harder on those things than any of us ever thought about being" she goes " well the difference is they know how to drive them" and then as if the person was in a panic he/she said, we have another call I've got to go, when you come in we'll talk to you all about how to ride it properly" and hung up. you can't imagine how bad i wanted to rip somebody's head off. i don't know how to ride my bike?? BULL. i can't even talk to them at all. they are just so intent that it's abuse and they wont even want to talk to me about anything else. guys, I've got no other choice. I'll just have to pay the money, but I'm NEVER GOING BACK TO THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i sure as hell hope they actually fix the cause of the problem and i dont have this problem again 2 and half weeks down the road from now.
yeah, it's a terrible story. we should start a forum on crappy dealerships

Old 06-23-2003, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

always ask for the dealer to bag your parts, its a way of being sure the parts are worn , and its not just the dealer looking for more $$$...

Old 06-23-2003, 01:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bet I know what happened, same thing almost happened to me. Did you install nerf bars?

I bought mine this year as well and it was only my forth time driving it. When I noticed a slight squealing, so I pulled it to the garage to take a look. I put it on blocks just so I could get a good look at it well in first gear, since that was the only time I could hear it. Well I finally figured out it was coming from the brakes. I checked the brake linkage first but there was nothing I could see that looked out of place. Then I pushed the brake petal down and to my amazement it was already as far down as it could go. I realized that the nerf bars are bolted on behind the foot peg and brake petal which caused a huge angle in brake linkage. The angle made it so stiff my brake petal couldn't release. To fix it I had to pull the nerf bars off and grind down some of the face on the nerf bars brackets. The dealership was the one who installed the nerf bars. I informed them of the problem and they extended my warranty for free from 90 days to 2 years. They never seen that happen before but they owned up to it and said they should have caught it before it left. I will give them my business again since that was really nice of them to extend my warranty with no damage done. So if you do have nerf bars I would check this problem first. And if it was the dealership that installed the nerf bars, I would make them pay for the damage.

Old 06-23-2003, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

nah no nerfs. but i have a feeling the problem is in the brakes which means my breaks would be eaten up and my transmission would be to

Old 06-23-2003, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider

well my feeling was correct with the brakes, but it's not the dealerships fault. we got some stuff cleared up and they explained to me exactly the cause of all this. they said someone must have been accidentally riding the back brakes will riding. which would someone to shift hard and cause transmission problems. i know it wasn't me who was riding it with the brake on though, my brother rides it sometimes (under my supervision) and he's got a real big foot, and he said he rested his feet on the pegs and not on the floorboards. so no dealership fault this time, but i still got a screwed quad. and it's not going to be cheap, these guys aren't cheap anyway.

Old 06-23-2003, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider

Ask to see the broken parts. Dont call before going up there just go in and ask to see your parts; if they try to jerk you around then you know somethings is up. They should have no problem with showing you your broken trans. Later Slim