Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I am SO ANGRY, take a look at this yamaha blaster B.S.!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am SO ANGRY, take a look at this yamaha blaster B.S.!!!!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
I AM SO f****** angry !!!!
about week ago my tranny in my blaster locked up on me. it was only 2 and a half weeks old.
i HAD NOT been overly rough on the machine, i drive it like i would drive someone elses. i take it in there and several days later they give me a call and say... "your transmission is stripped, we're going to have to replace the whole gear box." " your brakes are completely worn down to the metal and you have no breaks, this is such a clear case of abuse that you are lucky yamaha is going to replace the gear box, we had to convince them twice to do it." they said it's gonna be 150$ for service, 90$ for brakes, 76$ for some other b.s. and 5 extra bucks for screws or something. I am SO FRICKIN angry, you do the math !!!! that's not what makes me so angry though. what makes me angry is that they said " this is a clear case of abuse" I havn't tourqued that bike at all !!!
i have only had a few friends ride it and I've watched them ride it when they rode it, nothing major hapened.
this is all coming out of my pocket, and technically the dealership is angry with me sorta because they had to CONVINCE yamaha to pay for the gear box. sure, who on ocassion races their bike, everybody. the rest of the time is spent ridin around normally, THAT'S WHAT I DID !!! and the brakes part?? they say the brakes are worn slap out, What the hell is going on ??? i don't lock the brakes up that often, only when i need to stop because of an obsruction in the way or something. i probably wont ride hardly anymore because whenever i get on it to leasurely ride it I'm gonna F*** it up and they are going to say " oh that's abuse!!" when i havn't hardly been riding it. and I'm not to heavy for it i know, I'm just 155lbs.

Old 06-20-2003, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

feel free to throw in your opinions or whatever, I'll be more than glad to hear them.

Old 06-20-2003, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all of your brake pads are gone?

Old 06-20-2003, 05:37 PM
Range Rover

wow that sounds a lot like manufacturing problems to me. sounds like they put your machine together wrong if the pads are gone in 2 weeks and tranny is shot.they gave you a half-@zz machine if you ask me

------------------------------------
03 raptor (stock 4 now)

03 blaster
vito's 240 big bore kit
wiseco high compression piston kit
k&n jet kit
k&n filters w/outerwears
air box mods
toomey b-1 pipe and silencer (crome pipe)
20'' razr2 rear
21" razr2 front
elka 7.5" shocks front
elka 7.5" shocks rear
16 tooth front sprocket
dg nerfs

Old 06-20-2003, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

I am not familiar with the blaster, but did you happen to accedently ride it with the parking break on?

Old 06-20-2003, 05:41 PM
Range Rover

they dont run with em on you bog out like crazy fast u can barely ridfe in first... i tryed it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2003, 05:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Us Yamaha guys feel your pain...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]. A lot of us have been hosed too by Yamaha. You are very lucky Yamaha will fix the tranny.....even though I guarantee it's not rider abuse.

Old 06-20-2003, 05:43 PM
Range Rover

i just dont see how someone can strip a gear box in 2 weeks... are you shifting w/o using your hand clutch? even in higher gears?

Old 06-20-2003, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

Well....like i said, i am not familiar with the blaster, but it does sound like you got an lemon.

Old 06-20-2003, 05:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Go too www.rockymountainatv.com and get your brakes for cheaper, then phase out the dealer, grow a set, and put them on yourself!

Quick Reply: I am SO ANGRY, take a look at this yamaha blaster B.S.!!!!!