Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

OT- - - No More Winston Cup!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT- - - No More Winston Cup!!!!

While channel surfing monday morning b4 work, I happened to be watching cnn, when they announced that winston will no longer be sponsoring the leading nascar series. The series for at least the next 10 years (term of contract) will be called The Nextel Cup Series. That just don't set right w/ me, every since i can remember it has been called winston cup[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]. But there will deff. be some plusses to the sponsership.

Mike

Old 06-26-2003, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

a HUGE plus for me. I work for a company (OEM) who provides equipment for NEXTEL. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2003, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

I was all excited from the title because I thought that they were getting rid of NASCAR!!! hehehehe...

Old 06-26-2003, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

I wonder if it will be against the rules for drivers to talk on their Nextels while behind the wheel during races???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2003, 05:42 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

I heard Jim Rome say " Do you think the Nascar guys will ditch the death sticks, and their tin can's and string and pick up a cell phone?" I thought it was funny.
Its good for the sport, too much liability anymore being affiliated with Big Tobacco

Old 06-26-2003, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

Nextel sux but at least they are going to be putting a TON of money into NASCAR. If I remember, they signed a contract for 10 years worth 70mil, right? Winston was paying WAY less then that and couldn't even advertise their product!!!

Old 06-26-2003, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

It will always be the Winston Cup for me...just the same as the Chargers play in JACK MURPHEY STADIUM...not #$%&*(# stadium as they call it now

Old 06-26-2003, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

Can you say NASCAR [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Thay are coming to town in two weeks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Can't wate, Lets go Roush boys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2003, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

DEI, DEI, DEI, must I say more? Nextel? I heard that Jeff Burton had a deal with AT&T until this was announced for next year, and lost it because of it.

Old 06-27-2003, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hossblur
DEI, DEI, DEI, must I say more? Nextel? I heard that Jeff Burton had a deal with AT&T until this was announced for next year, and lost it because of it.

it was kinda ironic that Robby Gordon won last weekend, the weekend they made the annoucement [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: OT- - - No More Winston Cup!!!!