Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What would you do if.........

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 12:52 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you do if.........

Hey guys what would you do if you sent someone money for a set of Elka front shocks and a rear shock to be rebuilt. Once they were supposed to be sent no answer on the phone, and a e-mail change? What would you do?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2003, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

If the seller was within a days drive so I could get there and back in 2 days, I would go to their house and tell them that if I leave without either my money or the shocks it would cost them a lot more than whatever they got from me.

If not within a days drive I would call the cops.

My advice is to call the cops in either situation. Its not what I would do, but it is the wise thing to do. Ebay has procedures to follow, but I would skip their BS and go right to the cops.

You can enter their phone # in a google search and get their address and the name of the person on the phone bill.

Old 06-27-2003, 01:09 AM
Range Rover

He is within an hour drive, however I was told that he may have moved so I don't have an exact address.

Old 06-27-2003, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

Then I would first locate him. Start at his old address. If he has moved, ask his neighbors if they know where. If they don’t know or wont tell you may have to get tricky.

Here’s an idea off the top of my head. They will have to have their mailing address changed. Send an empty express mail to their old address, then track it online and see where it goes. It should be automatically forwarded to the new address.

Now that I think about it, if you ask right, the Post office might even tell you their new address. I would go in with an empty sealed envelope and say that I'm trying to mail it to them.

There might even be some procedure for finding a changed address. I would check the USPS website.

Old 06-27-2003, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

You can send a letter to the old address and write do not forward address correction requested on the outside of the envelope and the post office will send it back to you with the new address on it.

I think my wording is correct, but you can check with the post office and they can tell you for sure.

Bat

Old 06-27-2003, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like the way to go.

You could also have yourself sealed in a big box and mailed to him. Bring along a can of whoopa$$.

Old 06-27-2003, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

That would almost be worth staying in the box just for the reaction when he opens it. You could mail yourself overnight shipping so it wouldn’t take to long.

It would make one he11 of a story too, and the dude would know he got messed up with one psycho **** and probably give your money back promptly.

Old 06-27-2003, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

In fact, thats now on my list of things I must do before I die. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]