Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

i gotta couple questions about modding a blaster

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i gotta couple questions about modding a blaster

sup
I'm going to put a K&N air filter on my blaster, and i was wondering if it was nessesary to rejet or put a jet kit in it? will it be safe to just get the filter, bolt it right on and go? i've hear that if you put a jet kit on without a pipe it could make it run to rich or to lean. is that true?
and what about rad valves and reed spacers? do they bolt right on to with no problems?
do boyesen power and pro reeds go with reed spacers?
what about a pro circiut factory sound silencer, do they bolt right on to the stock pipe?
ok, so i wanna put a K&N air filter on, pro circuit silencer, air box vents, degree key, vito's jet kit, and maybe some reed spacers and pro reeds. what do i need to do???
how much do you think it'll cost to get all that put on?
and does anybody know how much it costs to get a pipe kit put on?, just a good estimate would be swell.
thanks
help much wanted

Old 06-29-2003, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

first off dont get k&n get UNI the UNI is the best filter for the blaster. second i would rejet it after i got my pipe and no it wouldnt make it run richer or leaner, rad valves and reed spacer bolt on easy jus make sure u use the bolts that come with the reed spacer, boyesen pro reeds work great with a reed spacer, yes the pro curcuit silencer will bolt right on. dril 6 1" holes in ur airbox lid or take it off, the mods u listed help a good bit, save some money put it on uirself its not that hard, pipe kits range from $250 up. i would alsosuggest flipping the front wheels around for a nother 2" in front. good luck!

Old 06-29-2003, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

sweet thanks, but the only thing I'm confused about are two things. is it ok to put a jet kit in WITHOUT piping it? will it do anything?
and second, what about my reeds and stuff, will pro reeds work with a pro series reed spacer. and it's not plural, so do i need to buy two reed spacers, or does just one "reed spacer" do the trick with boyesen pro series reeds. and if i bought a rad valve, would that be completely separate from the reed spacer and reeds and bolt on in a different spot or would it have something to due with the spacer and stuff?
thanks

Old 06-29-2003, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

so how much more noticable power do you think i'll get from having these mods put on : Uni filter, procirciut silencer( just sound i know) air box vents, degree key, vitos' jet kit, reed spacer and pro reeds ??

Old 06-29-2003, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

oh and would i have to rejet with the uni on ?

Old 06-29-2003, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

First off yes you can put new jets in it without a pipe but if your just putting a filter in with no vents you wont really need to rejet(and you also wont get much or any horspower)..second your reed thing confused me,but,just get a v-force reed valve,nuf said....ALso save up and buy a whole pipe and silencer kit(get a toomey) and with the pipe/silencer and the rest of the mods you should have about 5 more horsepower and it will absolutly be a lot faster than stock!!You will be very happy,i gauratee it!!

Old 06-29-2003, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

i dont agree fully with the VForce reeds. i like the VForce reed cage with the boyesen pro series reeds and a pro design reed spacer. as for the pipe and silencer the toomey is nice but with a diffrent combination of pipe and silencer u can get as much power (as in my case with the CT pipe and DG silencer) u might also wanna upgrade to a bigger flatside carb avalible at site likes Trenga Racing if u take the airbox lid off u will gain a good bit of low end with or without a pipe (most low end gained with pipe) i would also look at the Aktive carbon fiber reeds also on Trenga Racing. if u want better acceleration u might also try changing ttire sizes, u might use anything from 18-20 for acceleration. u might also want to look into a 14T front sprocket.

Old 06-29-2003, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

Z is right about the airbox,if you can,take it off,it makes a huge diffrence in low end ,esp.if you got a pipe

Old 06-29-2003, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Peltrax
Z is right

arent i always? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-29-2003, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

How fast is your blaster??I bet that 240 kit can eat raptor 80s for lunch![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: i gotta couple questions about modding a blaster