Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YFZ top speed of 74 mph

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YFZ top speed of 74 mph

If the raptor so great then why did they come out with the YZF...cause raptors suck for MX racing. They have plenty of power I'll give em that, but I have yet to see one jump and corner well with out about $2000 spent on the suspension.

Old 07-02-2003, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

I hope your not talking about that junky Predator you have. I am sorry but I have heard too many bad things about them. Man the Predator comes just about maxed out with performance parts and you have the engine like maxed now. I wont be surprised if the motor goes. The thing about the Raptor is that it comes restricted and if it wasn't, the Predator would never be a Predator, more like Prey. The Predator comes with the motor almost maxed out and plus its Polaris cheap. On top of it, it looks identical to the Raptor even though its cheap and junk. If you have a Polaris, dont brag about it. I would rather have a 2 stroke then a Polaris, less maintenance. Lmao a Maxed out Polaris motor.
Spoken like a true moron! If you knew any thing you would know that the predator engine isn't maxed out and is capable of putting out some serious H.P. As far as the Predator being junk, how can you call a quad that is better suspended, has better handling, and just as fast as a Raptor? The Predator has not had any serious problems like the 01' raptors blowing trannies.

Old 07-02-2003, 12:36 AM
Range Rover

Lmao "there have been alot of problems" Polaris is the problem. A company that should only make Snowmobiles and Utility Quads. For example my neighbor just moved in and bought a brand new Predator. He was riding it and his whole case cracked and had oil spilling out of it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] As far as the Predator, I would rather have a 2 stroke honda 250R.

Old 07-02-2003, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

I have a Raptor and love it and would probably not sell it to get a Predator but there is no reason to go bashing them for no reason. I raced a stock Predator on my piped Rap and only beat him by about two bikes. Pretty impressive. Al I'm saying is the guy is trying to discuss racing and you jump in there and be a d!ck for no reason. If you're going to be an a$$hole why don't you go by your 250r and go home.

Old 07-02-2003, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

RuckusRacing I have never done more than a 60 ft double and at that my nuts were in my throat and my race bike in MX trim will not run 50 and I was not pegged to make the jump so if you are jumping at 68 you are the greatest rider in the world.

The pred is not a bad quad but it is to heavy. As of now the best platform for MX racing is the z400 then the 400ex because it can be made fast. The YFZ 450 at 350lb will be an awsome MX quad and with the almost 2 stroke like hit it is an awsome motor, but the maintanance will be killer for a sport quad.

Old 07-02-2003, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

there's no such thing as a perfect factory mx quad.... the closest any one came was the moto and that still had a lot room for improv.
there's no use fighting over what quad is a good MXer and whats not it all depends on the person. me personaly I'll race any thing that fun!

Old 07-02-2003, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

Geez you guys are touchy...I never said one thing about hitting jumps 5th pinned now did I? 75% of the tracks that I ride at are in the 1.10-1.30 mile range. Pretty good sized tracks with some good sized jumps. Almost all of them have jumps in the 80-90 foot range. The smallest one I ride at is only 7/10ths mile and their biggest jump is in the 50 ft range and you really don't get out of 3rd gear much there, but at all the others are 4th & 5th gear tracks and if you were only running 40 or 50 mph you're gona get smoked. I hit 75 foot doubles all day long, one of my favorite track has a 80 tabletop that you hit 4th gear pinned. And yes I did spent over$1600 bucks for my shocks, but I didn't have 2 drop 5 or 6 hundred on a set of a-arms to make my quad handle.

Its funny how I hear all you Yamaha Guys say how heavy the Predator is, you know I've been riding for over 12 years now and this quad is the best jumping quad I've ever had...oh and BTW the Predators like 15 pounds lightier than a Raptor when you weigh them wet.

I'm sure the new YFZs a fast quad, I'm not saying its not..but the best qaud ever made? I highly doubt it.

Hey Ridley I am jumping in the 80-90 ft range and I do have some pretty cool pics and video but I don't have a way to get them posted. I don't even have my own computer. If I wasn't house sitting for my parents this week I wouldn't even be on the their computer right now.

Old 07-13-2003, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RuckusRacing
oh and BTW the Predators like 15 pounds lightier than a Raptor when you weigh them wet.
bu!!$h!t!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-13-2003, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

Went to the track today! Southwick MA NEATV races. A DS 650 won his class, a couple Raptors did well some Predators raced ok too, KFX 400 and 700's were there LTZ 400's, 400EX's and CDALES too. Watched a KFX 400 holeshot an Open B or A class race! It was just nice to see all the different type of quads there running. The fastest quads are the ones with the best riders aboard!!! The fastest quads there today were the aftermarket framed CRF's and YZ's!

Nocando

Old 07-13-2003, 11:15 PM
Range Rover

i as doin 40 when i cleared like 8 feet on my prairie woo woo

Quick Reply: YFZ top speed of 74 mph