Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YZF450- Going to be the best quad ever??

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 03:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YZF450- Going to be the best quad ever??

ALL I KNOW IS I HAVE RIDDEN THE NEW 450 AND IT IS THE NEW 250R BETTER THAN A 250R ACTUALY U CAN GO FULL THROTTLE TURN IT COMPLETLY SIDE WAYS AND GAS IT AGAIN THE OTHER WAY AND NOT EVEN FEEL A TEETER UNLIKE THE RAPTOR TO WHERE U WOULD COME UP A LITTLE
THE 450 IS THE NEW SUPREME QAUD AND HAS A GOOD PRICE ON IT

Old 07-03-2003, 07:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mudslinger,
Its all good, I was thinking about the 450 at first, but then realized that I dont need to spend 7 gs for a second (third?) quad. This quad would be mostly a second bike and trail bike. So Im actually hoping that i can catch a good deal on a Z or Kawi myself. I know the 450 is going to raise the bar for sure. If I win the $148,000,000 Power ball, Ill get ya the 450!

have a great 4th everybody

RoostKing...

Old 08-13-2003, 10:31 PM
Trailblazer

ya know! im really sick of yamahas i bought my raptor last year and it was my second yamaha ever. after hAVING IT FOR 1 YEAR I RELIZED why i stopped riding yammys in the first place i hAVE SPENT almost as much money in maintaining this thing as what i spent for it new.. my brother and my cousin and my friend all three purchased 400 exs at the same time i bought my raptor and let me tell ya i have maintained my machine like it was a diamond and my cousin i still belive he hasnt even changed the oil in his 400 ex and he rides his more than i ride mine and he is just as hard on it i has i am if not harder i think from now on im buying hondas or maybe even a suzu or a kaw i will never buy a yamaha again when i told yamaha customer service i was displeased with thier craftsmanship and would next time buy a honda they hung up on me lol oh well if they only new how many people r gonna read my forums and see what crappy craftsmanship they have they will next time stand behind thier name i hope that the yzf 450 is a flop i hope they dont sell anymore oh yea i got word from honda they r on a yzf hunt look for the crf 450 on a chassis real soon..

Old 08-14-2003, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

Showstopper obviously didn't "Stop" to take time to "Show" his punctuation. Ever heard of a period? How about Ritalin?

Oh, and I'll race my YFZ450 against your new honda crf450 for $1,000. What's that, honda doesn't make a crf450 quad adn Yamaha does make a YFZ450 quad? Then I quess you owe me $1,000.

RR1

Old 08-14-2003, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorRacer1
Showstopper obviously didn't "Stop" to take time to "Show" his punctuation. Ever heard of a period? How about Ritalin?

Oh, and I'll race my YFZ450 against your new honda crf450 for $1,000. What's that, honda doesn't make a crf450 quad adn Yamaha does make a YFZ450 quad? Then I quess you owe me $1,000.

RR1
LOL....yeah, that was one BIG run-on sentence. Oh yeah, the content sucked too.

Old 08-17-2003, 05:07 PM
Trailblazer

honda is going to release it. oh yes who really gives a flying u know what on spelling and puncuation as long as lil punk like u know whats gets the message. do ya really think yammy is the only company thats going to produce a light wieght power house lol i hope u dont only a fool would belive somin like that besides that the yzf isnt the first of its kind.. look at cannondale or look at atk they made the ds650 long before bombadier ever thought about if u dont belive me goto www.americandirtbike.com i belive atk was the first company to mass produce the big bore sport quad it was a 605 powered rotax i belive it was actually designed and built long before any of the jap companys even tought about machines like that lol ya need to do ya homework lil man before u think u have ammo the next time cause belive me when i say i have ammo u can just call me doctor show from know on the yzf is just merely being released before the baddass trx450r lol your just an wannabe lil boy just sit down and lemme take u to school.

P.S. WHO LIT THE FUSE ON YOUR TAMPOON

Old 08-17-2003, 05:33 PM
Range Rover

Should'nt the newest quad, be the best? I think so, if not then that maker failed, BIG TIME!

Old 08-17-2003, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sandneck
Ridley,
Have you ridden one yet? I have and I have ridden it right next to a stock Z. Its not going to blow it out of the water as far as speed goes. I am sure it has alot of potential, but its a niche market that won't allow it to overtake a more genereal purpose quad, like a Z or a Raptor. I agree, for what you and I do and a lot of other people, yes its going to be the best quad available. But the best ever.....Honda 250R's have that sewn up for a while. You could still make a good argument that its still a better quad and it was made 17 years ago.
Don't get me wrong, I want one too.
bull butter!
tha yfz will SMOKE a Z
I rode a yfz at the dealership......(not even borken in yet) and I rode a Z yesterday........there is NO comparison in power.......

Old 08-17-2003, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

I've had some good seat time on my YFZ and I think it's an outstanding quad for stock. My wife has a Z400 with an LRD pipe, filter, and hotcams, and I can tell you for a fact, the YFZ blows it away. I've owned a ton of 250r's over the years and I'll never buy one again period, after riding my YFZ. The YFZ has more power, better suspension, and handles equally. I just put a full HMF on mine and it has the hit of a two stroke. It REVS! I beat my buddies 250r ported by K&T, 39mm. Mikuni, Rad valve, etc. up Thunder Mountain at St. Anthony on my stock YFZ. We both couldn't believe the outcome. The only thing I will be doing is adding nerfs and an axle for racing. I'm totally happy with my new ride. I'll be at St. Anthony this weekend dialing my jetting in with the new pipe. Can't wait.