Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Breeze has erratic idle?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 08:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breeze has erratic idle?

My new 2003 Breeze just dont want to idle correctly.When I idle it up,its allways idles itself higher than I originally set it..When I lower it,it surges at idle and will not stay at any basic idle and wants to stall.

It appears to me that the air/fuel mixture is SEALED and I cannot adjust this mixture.

Anyone else having problems with this unit @ idle?

Bill

Old 07-02-2003, 10:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

i had similar problems when i first mine, took it to the dealer for te break in check up and it is fine
another problem i have right now is that it will not start unless i hold the starter for 5 min. think it might be the carb is messed up
its going to dealer tomorrow

Old 07-03-2003, 01:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

rayhanm - I can bet you that it needs a valve adjustment. I had the same problem, now it starts on a push of a button.

MUDDY4LIFE - Sounds like you may have to warm it up pretty good then set the idle, then also check the choke I know it has two settings when you pull it out it will click two times, you might have the choke not all the way back in.

Let me know what you two find out.

Old 07-07-2003, 04:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

I had the similar problem and took it to the dealer, and they told me that the throttle cable had got alittle rusty where it goes into the carb. That was causing the throttle to sorta stick in the open position it started when i was on to of a hill it went full throttle after climbing, what a ride.

Old 08-05-2003, 12:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well,
its been back to the dealership 4 TIMES for the SAME problem.
I bought the breeze brand new for my 8-11 yr old that need something that is user freindly.I warm it up real good,everytime.Once warmed up,the choke is fully OFF.

I'll turn up the idle adjustment so the damn thing will Idle.Let the kid take it for a ride and when he comes back,it idles FAR much higher than I originally set it.So I idle it back down and send the kid back out for a ride.When he returns,it STALLS on its face.

The 4th time I brought it in,I requested that the mechanic take the quad for a long ride.I went to the dealership to pick up the quad and the mechanic said he rode it hard for 15 minutes and it never stalled once.PISSED,I took the quad for a ride IN FRONT OF HIM.It stalled everytime.He turned up the idle,I went for a ride and it idled thru the roof.He turns it down and it stalls on its face.SHAKING the quad in a side/side motion will make the idle change and sometimes it will also stall.So the mechanic adjusted the float level 2 differant times and still,it acts up.

He said he would call YAMAHA last wednesday and so far,nobody has got back ahold of him from Yamaha.

This will be my LAST Yamaha product.

Bill

Old 08-17-2003, 01:47 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey MUDDY let me know what the dealer says about your idle.Ours does the same thing.When it does it the boy just gives it little gas and shifts it with his foot.NOT GOOD